Armored list idea

Void Stalkers

Ok, so here is what I was thinking.

A vindicator with demonic possesion, and two preds with mixed layouts and extra armor to support several csm squads mounted in rhinos.

what I'm thinking will happen is your opponent will target the vindicator because it has the biggest gun, the possesion will allow it to survive a bit longer, and while the vindicator draws fire, the preds can storm around less-opposed and the rhinos can get to their targets.

Or

the opponent targets the preds and vindicator while rhinos close in with meltas, flamers etc etc.

Any thoughts?

has this been done? if so, how well did it work?

Just sounds like a mech list to me. It'll prob work. The only problem you could face is if you face someone who can pop you rhinos with ease and then stay out of range of your pred\vindi.

Don't see the point in having preds "storm around", they can only fire 1 weop if move 6" and no weop if move more then that.

Set preds up in cover and fire all 3 weops or they not worth pts.

Other then that, it's a mech list, hardly a new concept, and it works just fine.

I think it would be better with 2 Vindicators and 1 Predator as Vindicators with DP tend to be seen as more dangerous to the opponent then any Predator. I'd probably make the Predator a Dakka Predator to give you extra long range anti-tank firepower.

The other variation is go with 2 Vindicators and a Land Raider. The Land Raider can also provide some decent long range anti-tank and its able to hide the Vindicators and suck up firepower more. Plus it negates the need for a Rhino, so the price difference isn't as bad as you'd think (Predator + Rhino = 160ish points probably)

I'd probably make the Predator a Dakka Predator to give you extra long range anti-tank firepower.

that aint a dakka pred, the dakka pred is the heavy bolter autocannon varient

Where is my brain today? :devil:

I meant Combi-Predator (Autocannons/Lascannons).

Good catch wargamingbunker, I blame being sick!

Archived