(Possible) new rumours

Hey all, I know this applies to many armies, not just ours but given our distaste and campaign over this year to do something about the codex, I have heard through some GW staff and some friends with contacts in the minatures business that all races who have not yet had a "redo" since the 5th Ed rule book was released will be either reissued or altered somewhat by 2012.

This started with the Space Wolves a few months back, apparently coming in the first half of next year will be a Daemonhunters/Witch hunters combo in some form of "Inquisition" Codex and ours will follow not too long after; the basis for this marketing is that you only have a great good guy if you give them a great nemesis. This will make the current 'dex a "Codex Chaos Renegades" and will give the original Traitor legions some personal identity back that was lost after our 3.5 dex hit the shredders.

**Please note** I accept that some on here will be "blah blah, heard it before, who's you're source?" etc etc, and I accept that, but I'm not posting this to start a debate about how reliable my "sources"/friends are, just that there is much talk and work on many codex being redone and ours is one of them from what I have heard. Whether you choose to believe it, is another matter. I too am staying "aethist" about it but thought I would share what I have heard given so many having a dislike for our current book.

next year will be a Daemonhunters/Witch hunters combo in some form of "Inquisition" Codex

Sadly to say but Brim & Harry have diffrent idea over on Warseer both who are well know for there info on new release

The Inquisition codicies will not be redone

If you check here for more info around page 4 onwords

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231127

Maybe 2011/2012 but not next year.

It all about Nids (we know), Blood Angels, Templar (end of 2010/earily 2011 as thing can & will change with relese) & there going to be a xeno release in 2010 beside nids, can't say much on that sadily. Also Daemon 2nd wave has been talk about for next year as well.

Chaos Legion, I will say yes they will be due out. I would exspect them from 2011 onword though. All I hope is that they release some legion specil plastic boxies along the line of Wolves, DA, Templar, but for all nine legion. Just for the conversion idea really & I like my chaos marines.

This started with the Space Wolves a few months back, apparently coming in the first half of next year will be a Daemonhunters/Witch hunters combo in some form of "Inquisition" Codex and ours will follow not too long after; the basis for this marketing is that you only have a great good guy if you give them a great nemesis. This will make the current 'dex a "Codex Chaos Renegades" and will give the original Traitor legions some personal identity back that was lost after our 3.5 dex hit the shredders.

Next year we already have confirmed tyranids in jan, blood angels is the next 40k codex and very strong rumours of a fleet based marine chapter later in the year(templars maybe?). With a big release of fantasy in the summer I'm not sure you'll be seeing a Inquisition codex next year. The legion codex's have not been confirmed, it was said they would like to do one but no production has apparently been started yet. 2012 would be the earliest but as GW schedual changes so often it's hard to gaurentee anything beyond 6 months time, but so far DE maybe late 2010\early 2011 and Necrons mid - late 2011. So I wouldn't hold my breath for legion or Chaos in any form appear anytime soon.

Guest Herald of Desolation
All I hope is that they release some legion specil plastic boxies along the line of Wolves, DA, Templar, but for all nine legion. Just for the conversion idea really & I like my chaos marines.

Mother of god yes...

I mean no. NOOOO! Anything but that. By the Four, I've spent thousands of dollars on this hobby, it's hard enough not picking up a box every now and again, I don't need to redo my entry army. Please, for the love of everything unholy, no...

My girlfriend would leave me. I see it now...

"Babe, what's this loan for six grand for?"

All I hope is that they release some legion specil plastic boxies along the line of Wolves, DA, Templar, but for all nine legion. Just for the conversion idea really & I like my chaos marines.

Mother of god yes...

I mean no. NOOOO! Anything but that. By the Four, I've spent thousands of dollars on this hobby, it's hard enough not picking up a box every now and again, I don't need to redo my entry army. Please, for the love of everything unholy, no...

My girlfriend would leave me. I see it now...

"Babe, what's this loan for six grand for?"

And thus GW could/would do it, they care not for your love life, just for their love of your money. Buy the plastic, it calls your name :)

Yeah I have heard this before, nothing fixed date wise, but one can hope that its done. Though I heard they could be doing the Legions in 2 books, one for Cult and the other for not. But again thats just rumour and could easily be wishful thinking. Following rumours is a bit bit like.... :)

All of this unwarranted extrapolation of GW's intentions with regards to Chaos, Renegades and Traitors is starting to get ony my nerves. All we have had thus far are a few throw away comments concerning the POSSIBILITY of a so-called "Traitor Legions Codex" that were vomitted up as a palliative against widespread criticism concerning the current Chaos Space Marine Codex. All of this sheer nonsense abot the current codex being designed to represent "Renegades" as opposed to "Traitor Legions" didn't even come about until after the fact, and AFTER people started criticising the product. It is called Codex: CHAOS SPACE MARINES for a reason. It includes Defilers, Raptors, Obliterators, Reaper auto cannons and other Traitor legion specific stuff FOR A REASON. It was obviously intended to be CODEX CHAOS SPACE MARINES, not Codex: Renegades, and failed. Miserably. Even if it were intended to be a "Renegade" codex it would fail, as it doesn't seem to include anything that a more recently turned Space marine force would (for example, apothecaries, land speeders, attack bikes, and so on and so forth). Be under no delusion: the next chaos space amrine codex we see, whether it's called Codex: Chaos Space Marines or Codex: Traitor Legions will be the REPLACEMENT for the current codex, not something intended to function alongside it. What we are waiting for is not a codex that allows legion players to adequately field their armies again: it is the next Codex: Chaos Space Marines. And I highly doubt we'll be getting it any time soon.

. All of this sheer nonsense abot the current codex being designed to represent "Renegades" as opposed to "Traitor Legions" didn't even come about until after the fact, and AFTER people started criticising the product.

Be under no delusion: the next chaos space amrine codex we see, will be the REPLACEMENT for the current codex,

What we are waiting for is not a codex that allows legion players to adequately field their armies again: it is the next Codex: Chaos Space Marines. And I highly doubt we'll be getting it any time soon.

Well said Dammeron, and all true.

From what we know from rumours:

1. Tyranids

2. Blood Angels

3. Other SM or Dark Eldar

4. Other SM or Dark Eldar

5. Grey Knights

6. Sisters of Battle

Maybe something in between 4 and 5. And still all of this (apart from 'Nids) are just unconfirmed rumours.

From what we know from rumours:

1. Tyranids

2. Blood Angels

3. Other SM or Dark Eldar

4. Other SM or Dark Eldar

5. Grey Knights

6. Sisters of Battle

Maybe something in between 4 and 5. And still all of this (apart from 'Nids) are just unconfirmed rumours.

Something from Harry or Brimstone on Warseer indicated Tau - along the lines of "something to DRONE about"

Archived