Does combat tactics count as ultramarine chapter tactics?

Titan87

So I was wondering if I were to use say Calgar and Khan in the same army, could choose to keep combat tactics so I could still use Marneus' GOW ability, or by taking Khan am I forced to take his chapter tactics thereby making GOW ability worthless?

The way Calgar's rule is written, *he* always gets to pass or fail by choice (it doesn't replace his Combat Tactics)...however by taking Khan, everybody in the army replaces their Combat Tactics with Khan's rule, which means that they do not get Calgar's power of choice.

So, not completely useless, but not nearly as useful as it could be.

Still, recall that Calgar is a BEAST and that him striding beside Khan would make for a devestating melee pair. =)

If you have two chapter tactics I think you can choose which overrides. Not sure if you have to choose for the whole army or unit by unit.

whole army. Would be way too powerful if you could pick unit by unit.

I agree with Thade. God of War is not 'Chapter Tactics' so you can't choose whether to have it or not if another character has Chapter Tactics. All units with combat tactics get the benefit. However, Khan's Chapter Tactics replaces every unit's combat tactics, so they can't use God of War.

Except Calgar. Who can also benefit from Khan's rule too. The Beast just got beastlier...

I agree with Thade. God of War is not 'Chapter Tactics' so you can't choose whether to have it or not if another character has Chapter Tactics. All units with combat tactics get the benefit. However, Khan's Chapter Tactics replaces every unit's combat tactics, so they can't use God of War.

Except Calgar. Who can also benefit from Khan's rule too. The Beast just got beastlier...

All Calgar needs now is the Legion Relic asset from Apocalypse: Reload :)

But yes, God of War is not Chapter Tactics, but as it requires Combat Tactics the only one that can use it when allied is Lord Macragge himself. Sorry.

Archived