Ultramarines Dreadnought

Brother Nezulius

Not 'just' another dreadnought!!!

A bloody nice, clean, traditional dreadnought, which I really really dig! I like the battle damage too :)

I think the only thing I might add (if it were me) would be a transfer to the leg, and maybe a watered down wash of devlan/badab to the piping/battle damage and sarcophagus, to give it more shading.

Well done!

Very nice bright Ultra. Almost old school. The only thing I would suggest is perhaps a wash of Devlan Mud on the gold to bring out the detail a bit more, and perhaps some colour on the lenses on the bottom of the sarcophagus like the ones at the top. But still very nice and neat. Good weathering too.

Its a good model but with a little more effort it can be a great one, it only needs a little more shading to bring it around. The gold put a brown wash on and then same on the red, then highlight with shining gold and blood red respectively, and a green wash around the laurels would work too.

But as it stands now its a slighy higher gaming standard so good work

I echo everything said about this model. Washes are your friend. A tip if you want to add battle damage to the transfer, take a match, light it, blow it out then immediately press it against the transfer for less than a second. Repeat this a few times. it takes little bits off the transfer without damaging the paint underneath if done right. I don't have any decent photos to show you unfortunately, but have a practice. Put a transfer you won't use onto the underside of a base and try it out on there.

Look forward to more of your stuff :)

Very nice and simple Dred! I will secon the other though, and really recomend some shading with washes. Also - and this might just be the lighting on the picture - I miss some highlights on some parts. But besides that, I think it looks cool :huh:

/vadskær

Archived