Soul Drinkers Captain/Champion

True Thorn

My very first commission completed, also my first attempt at anything vaguely resembling flesh in a serious manner.

This piece was done with heavy artistic licence rather than historic accuracy, so any C&C while welcome, should keep that in mind ;)

gallery_36212_4332_242296.jpg

gallery_36212_4332_1308016.jpg

gallery_36212_4332_1318458.jpg

gallery_36212_4332_1476369.jpg

gallery_36212_4332_818155.jpg

(Also, any advice on web optimising photos would be massively appreciated, by myself and the the others suffering from my ineptitude :tu: )

Fantastic! thats a stroke of luck! excellent photo close up!!

Yes there are some very nice muted tones on that model, I like how the purple/flesh compliment eachother.

All I would say, maybe, is to add some highlights to the weaponry/bionics to liven them up a little bit (and make them look more detailed).

Great job!!

I think it is awesome! Some people tend to make their chaos guys sprout mutations all over, having tentacles shooting out their heads etc.

This one keeps the plain Space Marines style, but is clearly still infected by chaos. That hits the Soul Drinker fluff spot on. If you have other soul drinker characters please post away!

I think he fits just right. I only ever got as far as book three of the Soul Drinkers story, but he does seem to fit well with the tainted but still loyal appearance they had. The flesh on the wings looks really leathery and realistic and I think the mix of loyalist/chaos parts is just about right. A nice rich purple as well. A very good start to commission work I think.

James

Archived