Dark Angels, Space Wolves, Black Templar, and Blood Angels..

the_forgefather

I just had this thought cross my mind, since in the Space Marine Codex you can use any of those special characters for any Marine force, I was wondering if you could do the same with the new Blood/Dark Angels, Space Wolves, and Black Templar special characters? I was thinking maybe not since those characters are not in the vanilla Marine Codex, as Calgar and He'stan are, but then again I was thinking since they're still Space Marines it could work...

I haven't read any of those new Codecies so I don't know if they specifically say they're only for "this" Chapter, but I am still curious. Could anyone help me out?

Thanks,

The Forgefather

your army has to be entirely made from 1 codex (other than the legal allies rules in WH/DH). So, no, you can not take a codex marine list and bring a character from another codex.

You cannot, sorry.

In A-poc you can with no restriction. I don't know if special rules cross Codexes though. As in, I am not sure if Dante's special buffs would affect UM.

If you are playing a friendly, your mate might let you get away with it. He is not obliged to, though.

Archived