Slayers of Champions.

Marshal Wilhelm

So the rule reads "Before resolving combats in any Assault Phase where the EC is in combat with an enemy unit containing one or more enemy IC, you must immediately move the EC so that he is in b-t-b contact with at least one enemy IC (maintaining coherency with any unit he has joined). If there is no room to place the EC in b-t-b contact, simply move a friendly model out of the way (he makes room for the EC to get to grips with his foe!)

Today my EC + Crusader squad assaulted a Warboss + Zogwart + Boyz. The Ork mob was very "long". I assault moved my squad. The Warboss was very far away.

Do I get some "super-extra-move" to bring the Warboss into a duel with the EC, even though the EC was a long way from the Ork ICs?

Or does the rule mean; if in any way possible the EC may reach an IC, he must do so?

Thank you.

EDIT: For spelling and grammar.

It is extra movement, as it is done just before combat is resolved. So it happens after (and in addition to) the Emperor's Champion has made his assault move, after the enemy unit has made an assault move, and in ongoing assaults.

But the EC is not just picked up and placed in contact with an enemy IC. There are two rules to follow:

1. The EC must stay in coherency with a unit he has joined. So if the enemy IC is too far away, then he cannot contact it.

2. The EC must be able to move to the enemy IC. Friendly models may be ignored and even taken away from the enemy IC in order to make room for the EC, but terrain and enemy models cannot be ignored. So if the enemy IC is surrounded by other enemy models or terrain, or if the EC is surrounded on all sides by enemy models, the EC cannot reach the enemy IC.

Archived