hitting vehicles

gravmania

Y'all are killing me! I tried to stop this in post 53. And I have already said that Initiative Order is the accepted way to play (post 70).

I just don’t see Init Order as the only way to play it out and the No Init interpretation is just as valid. More so since no one has quoted a rule proving that it is invalid. I have only seen convention as the reason for Initiative Order. I completely agree that Init Order is also just as valid and have from the beginning. I have answered just about every instance/quote/example presented and can do nothing else.

I think I ‘tainted’ my view with the self-contained reference in the beginning as that seems to be the focus. I tried to amend that but not very successfully.

I think this should end (again) before feelings get hurt.

Isnt this whole thing discussed on pg 56, where it states that the only rules listed for vehicles is where they differ from normal rules, thus stating that all rules not covered must default to the normal rules?

Cause that would seem to tie it all up right there.

Gray Mage, I am not seeing that line.

Could you please be more specific on location on p56? That is the first page of the vehicle chapter correct?

But that would make my interpretation completely wrong.

It is not quite as specific. The first paragraph on page 56 reads: "Because vehicles do not fight in the same manner as creatures of flesh and blood, their rules differ from other models in a number of ways, detailed here."

It does not state that the vehicle rule section "only" describes the differences to the basic rules, but it does pretty much say that the section is describing the ways in which the vehicle rules differ from the basic rules.

I.E. the rules for vehicles are not simply "different". They are different in certain "ways".

Gray Mage, I am not seeing that line.

Could you please be more specific on location on p56? That is the first page of the vehicle chapter correct?

But that would make my interpretation completely wrong.

Sure thing, Ill give the quote, but its in bold, and the first paragraph of the entire section:

Because vehicles do not fight in the same manner as creatures of the flesh and blood, their rules differ from other models in a number of ways, detailed here.

Directly under the giant heading "Vehicles". Underline is of course my doing.

Their rules "differ" wich means have things that are not the same- and those things that are not the same are "detailed here". Thus: If its different, this chapter says so. If its not different, this chapter likely doesnt include it save for the occaisional clarification.

Archived