Is Assault on Black Reach strictly for the smurfs?

asmodai_455

I've just recieved the set from Ebay and am horrified to see tons of Ultra Marines insignia on them.

Were they designed soley for the smurf marines? Has anyone here managed to convert any of these models to a different chapter.

Please post piccies if so as I am gutted and need some confidence.

I did a search and nothing came up on the matter.

The right shoulder on the tactical marines has the arrow of an ultra marine moulded onto it, I'm collecting DA and this might prove to be a headache for me to remove every arrow from 10 models.

And the captain might need some converting to make him look like he belongs on the rock.

Bought brand new and sealed!

I suppose so, I dont paint DA, never have, but I cant see why not, he is just a standard Tactical Sergeant, if you want him to look more DA then perhaps try and give him some robes using greenstuff if you feel confident? I'm not the best with this sort of stuff, maybe one of the experts on this matter could help you :)

Nothing on those boys that a dark green paint-job wont fix... They were designed to be compatible with just about any marine chapter (seeing as just about every marine chapter has codex markings, or might have codex markings). Its the little pack of 3 marines that you want to watch out for apparently, I've heard that they actually DO have the Ultramarines symbol on them...

Thankyou all for your input. I'm relieved to know these lads are ok with there markings/

If you don't have this set already I recommend it.

Dreadnought £25

Termies £25

Tactical marines £18

Captain £4?

all for £50 then sell the Orks on ebay for £20.

Will update this page when I have started painting them, but it might be a while as I have soooo many other models to finish.

The DA symbol for a tactical squad is a horizontal two ended arrow but I wouldn't have an issue with them painted up in DA. Its a great way to bulk out squads, especially if you can filter them into other sets. The extra 5 marines in a devastator squad is a good use of them, plus the missile launcher marine is a great sculpt!

Also remember that the DA upgrade pack is pretty dirt cheap from the GW site. You could drop an extra $25 and get 10 vets in robes + all the extra bitz and bobs to place on the AOBR marines for a DA flavor transplant.

I believe this thread may be of some use.

Thanks for the plug!

Yeah, I started reading this thread and thought "boy, I should show him my latest project." And you beat me to it! B)

I have found the AoBR sets to be a great way to build an inexpensive army and that building them as DAs is great fun and still very cheap!

Thanks for the plug!

Yeah, I started reading this thread and thought "boy, I should show him my latest project." And you beat me to it! :D

I have found the AoBR sets to be a great way to build an inexpensive army and that building them as DAs is great fun and still very cheap!

Hehe, I loved the concept and execution of your project, and I thought of it as soon as I started reading this thread!

I hope it inspires the OP, as it's such a perfect fit for what he wanted.

Archived