Amateur Artwork

CosmicCreations

I thought I'd share a drawing I have just finished, believe it or not this started as a simple doodle I was doing whilst thinking of a what to write for my History homework, hence why its on lined paper!

I've just been looking at other peoples artwork, especially Slaine69 and Aerion the Faithful (exquisite pieces of work!) and I know this isnt as good, but hey it's a start. It only took me an hour.

http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo11/Cosmic_Castaway2157/002.jpg

I know his face looks a little 'sad', but its my first proper attempt at faces lol

Yeah the head does look a little off...I think it and his neck are a little too small for a space marine but I also think that's the toughest part to draw. Great job on the armor though! Keep up the good work ^_^

Thanks :P, I know the head is a little small, but I personally think it adds a touch of realism, considering marines are supposed to be huge and heavily armoured, there was another drawing I saw a while ago with a huge marine and small head, and it somehow seemed to work, perhaps its just because i've only done the very top half I dont know.

but thanks for feedback :P

pretty good! I wouldn't be able to do it...

I'm personally a fan of the small head / big marine image, I think it adds to their status... besides look at the thickness of the armor ;)

The neck looks a little weird, just "stopping" as it does right now. Though I have no clue how the black suit actually looks, I assume it would be visible / more texture than the flat...ness that covers it now.

The head is a little off, it's not entirely symetrical (does it have to be?) Though what I learned from my art classes (long long ago), the ears should be at the height of the eyes and the eyes are actually at the center of your head.

The armor I like, the shading you've done looks right (though to be nitpicking I think only on the top of the backpack does it look a little off, trying to locate your light source :))

Like I said I wouldn't be able to do it. Keep at it and you'll produce some really nice pieces!

for a doodle thats bloody good! you should see my drawings... stick men ftw! i really like the shading and the sense of size. just a little something i only learnt today. the top of your ears are inline with your eyes and the bottom of your ears is in the line with your nose. keep it up!

Yeah the head does look a little off...I think it and his neck are a little too small for a space marine but I also think that's the toughest part to draw. Great job on the armor though! Keep up the good work :)

Thanks ;), I know the head is a little small, but I personally think it adds a touch of realism, considering marines are supposed to be huge and heavily armoured, there was another drawing I saw a while ago with a huge marine and small head, and it somehow seemed to work, perhaps its just because i've only done the very top half I dont know.

but thanks for feedback ;)

Good call on the smaller head making the armor appear bigger...maybe some detail on the transition point between the marine and the armor (below the neck) would be helpful instead of the plain black circle but as you just did it as a doodle in class I think it looks great. Definitely some good talent to build on!

Very good work on the armour. Being an Artist myself, I can appreciate the difficulty of getting porportions right. The head is small, even for a marine. For porportions, look at a human first. We are about 7 heads high while marines go to 8-9 heads high depending on your imagination. Use this scaling and it works wonders.

Archived