Salamander book and Chaos

minigun762

I'm curious what other people have thought about the Chaos element to the recent Salamander novel.

I thought it was very odd that a handful of Dragon Warrior seemed to be leading a much larger unit of Iron Warriors including their own Warsmith.

Why would the IW be taking orders from a couple Renegades?

I'm not trying to be biased, but it didn't make alot of sense to me. If felt like the Dragon Warriors went to the local goon store and hired on some hands to do the heavy lifting.

I have no read the book but to me it sounds really weird.

Like you said why would a Legion take orders from Renegades, the only thing I can think of is the way the Dragon Warriors fight.

The make big use of melta and flame weapons so maybe they are from Salamanders geneseed and they wanted to take on the Salamanders but ofcourse did not have the strenght to do it so they asked if the Iron Warriors will pretty please help them out there :rolleyes:

I'm curious what other people have thought about the Chaos element to the recent Salamander novel.

From what I gathered, the Dragon Warriors were not giving orders to the Iron Warriors. Rather, they lured the Salamanders to that planet so that they would fight the Iron Warriors; thus distracting them so that both sides would forget about the Dragon Warriors digging to the crystal whatnot below ground. It just happened that the Salamanders stumbled upon the underground peoples who were able to lead them to the Dragon Warriors.

From what I gathered, the Dragon Warriors were not giving orders to the Iron Warriors. Rather, they lured the Salamanders to that planet so that they would fight the Iron Warriors; thus distracting them so that both sides would forget about the Dragon Warriors digging to the crystal whatnot below ground. It just happened that the Salamanders stumbled upon the underground peoples who were able to lead them to the Dragon Warriors.

I thought about that too, but...

you had that battle underground when the Dragon Warriors were fighting along side the Iron Warriors as they were excavating.

I thought about that too, but...

you had that battle underground when the Dragon Warriors were fighting along side the Iron Warriors as they were excavating.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend, explain that part.

From my pt of veiw aren`t the iron warriors down to like 1 warsmith, his servitors and maybe 10 CSM. Also with the orks coming wouldn`t you ally? Something that been bugging me is what were the Iron Warriors doing on the planet anyway? Beside making a super weapon. :P

From my pt of veiw aren`t the iron warriors down to like 1 warsmith, his servitors and maybe 10 CSM. Also with the orks coming wouldn`t you ally? Something that been bugging me is what were the Iron Warriors doing on the planet anyway? Beside making a super weapon. ;)

Good point

I thought they were originally the ones there, having built the fortress and mining the ore to use as fuel/ammo for the super weapon. My assumption was that they'd take the super weapon elsewhere to go blow up other things but the damn greenskins got in the way of that plan.

Archived