Mountain Tunnel

robnik_35

I wanted to have a set of mountainous ground, and this is my first piece of the bunch. I carved it out of foam, drybrshed it up, then added flocking, ground cover and some vines. I wasn't sure whether to go with snow up top, or leave the whole thing bare, but here it is.

http://www.weebly.com/uploads/2/7/1/5/2715769/5806570.jpg

http://www.weebly.com/uploads/2/7/1/5/2715769/8248419.jpg

http://www.weebly.com/uploads/2/7/1/5/2715769/2469732.jpg

Red Dragon Terrain

I like this a lot. The cliffs look good - although there doesn't seem to be much space for a whole squad of IG or ork boyz (for example) to stand up there. Does the tunnel come out the other side, i.e. can you take a squad / tank through it?

I quite like it, my only query is the Tunnel, it just looks too plain...you've got these nice cliffs and rocks, and then a simple white tunnel, perhaps something around the edges to make it blend into the wall, and maybe some washes and drybrushing to make it fit in more

but other than that well done ;)

Looks good.

Unfortunately, since its not power armor related, the mods will probably be shutting this down.

Take another picture of it with a space marine. I don't think it matters anyway, it's 40k terrain. I like t, but the tunnel entrance looks sort of plain and out of place. I'm not sure, but it looks like unpainted plastic. But the rest is fantastic.

How about Mount Doomspiral Death? Too much?

I think so..... My votes for Mt. Come near me I'll blow your head off or Mt CNMIBYO for short.

But a very nice piece of terrain although some damage to the rocks would be nice but thats the only thing.... unless its a fresh battlefield!!!!!! To arms my Brothers Defend the Mountain!!!!!!!!

Nobody has mentioned how much it looks like a piece of miniature golf scenery. It did start out tlike that though, as a friend's company was having an indoor game and he asked for a mountain to shoot through. I made one and liked the look, so I copied it and laid down some greenery. I'd never made a mountain before, so this was a good chance to get some ideas. I enjoy my 40K games in the theme of Dan Abnetts style, with a lot of familiar environments blended in with futuristic influences. The Hirst molds I use have a lot of Gothic style bricks as well as sci fi pieces, so there's a lot to work with.

Let me start by saying I like it. It looks very nice. The tunnel makes it look like they brought material in to build the tunnel instead of just using the rock they pulled out. To me that is one of those small details that make it more realistic.

The thing is it looks more like a scenery piece than a playing piece. What I mean is there doesn't seem to be a lot of flat space for models to be set up, making most of it seem to qualify for impassible terrain. Something like this is what I would use when taking pictures of miniatures to make the shot look much more dynamic. We have the same problem here. There is an amazing modeler who makes gorgeous terrain. His ingenuity and painting skills are phenomenal; heck he created the brass-scorpion. The problem is a lot of it is simply hard to play with and on, especially with metal models.

But it is amazing, and good job.

Archived