Marines Malevolent

zxyogi

zxyogi, Did you use a white or black primer? Been looking into the different yellow reciepes. I want a bright yellow armour for mine.

Thanks for the PM. Waiting on parts to arrive before starting project. I think you will like them.

Did you remake the apothecary? I like him, think that the helmet needs some work. The bionics seem to be a little off. ^_^

Brother varren i use black primer,yet to try white primer but am happy with the way mine have turned out.

Apothecary,no not yet but will do,the helmet.....another is under construction as we speak!! ;)

I am really liking these guys! You're making me want to paint some Marines Malevolent!

If I may offer some criticism, I think the shading between armour plates would benefit from a browner, darker tone. I guess it's because it would create better contrast. Having said that, they look great, and pulling off a yellow is a feat in itself!

Ole

i really love the sgt with his damaged helmet at his feet! the yellow is awesome and just be cause our (sallies) chapter master beat the snot out of captain vinyar doesn't mean you can tell us to go back to makeing band music ;) and i think that the marines actually ended up with all the stuff from the ship in the end for bringing back the sallies to nocturne so go ahead and use new gear <_<

p.s. oh but they didn't get the original sallie armour since the salamanders kept that to study but they did get all of the armour components they could possibly want for repairs and such, keep up the amazing work!!!

Brilliant work, I'm generally not a fan of yellow-SMurfs but you've really pulled it off here, I'm planning on a techie force with hazard stripes and may well steal your contrasting yellow and black.

On a similar note the copper wiring is very awesome, I'll have to pick up some thicker stuff for my own minis, can I ask what diameter or gauge you used?

*subscribed* :wacko:

On a similar note the copper wiring is very awesome, I'll have to pick up some thicker stuff for my own minis, can I ask what diameter or gauge you used?

Thanks for all the kind comments!! :P

On the wire gauge front i used 1mm cable.

SMurfs?!?!?.......no smurf geneseed in the Malevolents.....Oh Emperor let that be!!.....please!!!

As for the Sallie army band leader beating the crap outta Vinyar......... :)

I am really liking these guys! You're making me want to paint some Marines Malevolent!

If I may offer some criticism, I think the shading between armour plates would benefit from a browner, darker tone. I guess it's because it would create better contrast. Having said that, they look great, and pulling off a yellow is a feat in itself!

Ole

Crit taken onboard and toally agree with you!!

Gonna do that on the next batch!!

;)

zxyogi, the Emperor demands more Marines Molevolent. :(

What else you got in store for us? I am needing to see more. Like your ideas, helps me with planning my own. Keep up the great work.

And the Emperors finest shall not dissapoint Brother Varen!!

More on the way!!

;)

• 2 weeks later...

Squad Devlin....part of i should say!! ;)

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn229/noodletoff/Bikes/WH40K/SquadDevlin.jpg

Brother Sargeant Devlin

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn229/noodletoff/Bikes/WH40K/BrotherSgtDevlin.jpg

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn229/noodletoff/Bikes/WH40K/BrotherSgtDevlinside.jpg

Brother Marek

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn229/noodletoff/Bikes/WH40K/BrotherMarek.jpg

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn229/noodletoff/Bikes/WH40K/BrotherMarekside.jpg

Brother Oakes

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn229/noodletoff/Bikes/WH40K/BrotherOakes.jpg

More on the way....CC most welcome!! :)

yes, how do you do the flesh tones and stubble? Need your reciepe brother zxyogi.

I love the poses on them. I see iron hands and iron warrior bits that you used. I see you converted a set of legs to include a mk 6 greave and a mk 7 greave. Wonderful idea, as to show that they recycle the armour of their dead? I see you are using rogue trader markings (the red stripe down the center of the helmet to show a sargent)?

What bit did you use for sargeant Devlin's bionic leg? I know the arm came from the commander box set. Do you have pics of them before being painted?

Glad to see you still working on them. Do you have any vehicles yet?

yes, how do you do the flesh tones and stubble? Need your reciepe brother zxyogi.

I love the poses on them. I see iron hands and iron warrior bits that you used. I see you converted a set of legs to include a mk 6 greave and a mk 7 greave. Wonderful idea, as to show that they recycle the armour of their dead? I see you are using rogue trader markings (the red stripe down the center of the helmet to show a sargent)?

What bit did you use for sargeant Devlin's bionic leg? I know the arm came from the commander box set. Do you have pics of them before being painted?

Glad to see you still working on them. Do you have any vehicles yet?

Hello Brother Varen,the Sgts leg is half of a Iron Hands bionic leg grafted onto a basic plastic Marines leg.Sorry no before pics.

Didnt realise the red stripe was RT markings,know its summat the Imperial Fists use so just adopted it to the Malevolents.

Skin and stubble..........all i do is base coat black then apply a dark skin tone and gradually build up[dry brush] with lighter flesh colours to the skin tone i want at the time. Stubble......I mix codex grey to flesh to get the tone i want,the darker the tone the thicker the growth,when applied its well watered down.

Vehicles on the way.....have a whirlwind ready!! :tu:

Also in the pipeline is a LR Redeemer and a Predator which i will be able to convert to Rhino or Razorback.

nice conversions on them. I would suggest some before pics to show some of your conversion work. You are giving me some ideas from your hard work though and i thank you for that. What marks of armour are you using? I saw some mk 4 red scorpion armour, mk 5 torsos with mk 6 grieves, amoung others.

Still waiting on parts to show up before i can start. I am getting some of steam knight helmets for earlier mks of helmets. Also have some mk 3 through mk 6 armours, that i had commissioned. Still thinking about the mk 7 armour though. Not sure where i will be going with them just yet. I am in the process of getting some venerable dreads like the FW ultra venerable dread. Thinking of making the counsil of ancients apocalypse sheet. Just need to get someone to give me the basics from the FW book.

Can't wait to see those vehicles. Are you making them magnetized? What else are you planning to add? Any other ideas that you are planning to do?

Those are very striking marines! Can we get a shot of all of them together? I'm sure its a sight that strikes fear into the hearts of the Imperium's enemies!

Thanks Cohort!! :lol:

Seems like a plan!!....only have 2 full squads painted up at the mo,will take some pics and post them up!!

:)

brother zxyogi, one thing i just noticed. Your veterans are missing the hazard striping to indecate that they are veterans. Just thought you might like to know.

I seconded that group shot. Would be nice to see them all together. You are doing the 2nd company of the marines malevolent, right?

The decals that you use are all on the links you provided earlier, right?

Hello Brother Varen,My first Sargeant has Hazard stripes on his Chain sword,personally i think the hazard stripes is too close to the Iron Warriors look!!

2nd company....dunno to be honest,Capt Vinyar,is he 2nd company Captain?...that i dont know!...I am basing them on 5th company in my fluff.

Decals are as you said the ones mentioned earlier! :)

brother zxyogi, where's your fluff? I haven't scene any posted.

I don't know about the hazard striping either, but it is in the cannon fluff. It would be intresting to see the Marines Malevolent battling the Iron Warriors for the right to wear the hazard striping....lol

some very nice looking minis :) yellowi s a very hard colour to paint, let alone achieve in such a fine look manner :tu:

may i ask where you got the copper wire? havent checked yet but i dont think local hardware stores sell it here <_<

some very nice looking minis :) yellowi s a very hard colour to paint, let alone achieve in such a fine look manner :tu:

may i ask where you got the copper wire? havent checked yet but i dont think local hardware stores sell it here :lol:

Thanks for the comments Brother Demoulius!

The copper wire i use is 0.75mm or 1mm,its the stuff used in light fittings [i am an electrician so have no problem getting it].The very fine wire i get out of electronic ballasts out of faulty fluorescent light fittings.

Archived