Making new Chaos Marines

The Nephilim

I know that the Iron Warriors made the Daemonculaba, and used that to create new Chaos Space Marines. How do the other Legions and Warbands recruit other aspirants? How are they made? I know that some of the fleshsmiths/apothecaries/what-have-you have gone far beyond the capabilities of loyalist apothecaries, such as Fabius Bile.

And if you're gonna spew out the nonsense that "Chaos doesn't have the infrastructure derka-dur..." Consider the Planetkiller, the defiler, the Brass Scorpion and other mass produced warmachines that have come out of the Eye.

You're on the Pro-Chaos side of the forum, friend. No one here is going to spew that **** unless one of the lesser illuminated persons from the Loyalist side come over, and they rarely do that.

That said, you essentially answered your own question, not taking in Deserters and other things.

Well you see...... When a mommy scorpion loves a daddy scorpion....

On a more serious note.... I would say that most of the "legions" who have some form of system control would be able to produce said war machines. However I feel like most marines are recruited in a twisted fassion. If you read any of the space wolves books a "chooser" flys over the battles and picks out the dead who were mighty warriors and selects them to be converted into space marines. These are normal humans converted mind you....

So I feel like this could just as easily be done with CSM if they had any amount of stock in Geneseed... However we all know that Geneseed is like naked pictures of shakira... Its out there.. We just cant get our hands on it.. Not to mention everyone else wants it as well.... Based off opinion and not fluff at all.. Geneseed is probably stolen from dead marines etc. etc. and black legion etc. etc. etc. Use the stolen seed to make marines. Not to mention there are marines being converted more and more..

It's just a game. Stuff like this doesn't have to make sense. A lot of the fluff makes it sound like chaos marines, at least most of them, are either too crazed or fragmented to have the sort of industrial backbone and technical capability that is required to keep up their military strength, let alone simply survive in the eye of terror for so long. The hunter-gatherer theory just doesn't sound like it would work.

It's just a game. Stuff like this doesn't have to make sense. A lot of the fluff makes it sound like chaos marines, at least most of them, are either too crazed or fragmented to have the sort of industrial backbone and technical capability that is required to keep up their military strength, let alone simply survive in the eye of terror for so long. The hunter-gatherer theory just doesn't sound like it would work.

With that idea, most of this game shouldn't work either.

According to the second ed chaos codex, Fabius Bile and his ilk have trained a number of potentials from the chaos legions in the art of creating new chaos space marine. Aspirants are chosen from amongst the populaces of the daemon worlds, indentured chaos cults and renegade militias, then subjected to a regimen of physical and psychological training that makes even those conducted by the loyalist chapters seem tame. As a result, only one in every so many thousands even survive. Those that prove themselves worthy are subjected to the necessary surgery -and whatever debased rites are particular to the legion or warband in question- to turn them into a Space Marine. This method ensures that only the strongest, the most iron-willed and ambitious ever aspire to the honour of wearing power armour. Alternatively, the legions and warbands induct new members from Renegade space marine forces.

Wasn't there also a story in the previous codex about a young human warrior fighting Space Marines and after he kills one, a Chaos Marine remove the gene seed and hints/states the possibility of using the gene seed on the young warrior.

With the amount of Renegades that form Chaos warbands (including those up to "Legion" status, like Black Legion or the Red Corsairs), it's actually somewhat easier for Chaos armies to find populations that are genetically compatible with at least ONE warrior in their army, so they can afford to kidnap and enslave populations and subject them to the Chaos version of the Blood Trials. I'm also sure they take a little more heavy-handed approach to ensuring they have a new crop of initiates, such as...

Nox Aeternia (my Chaos Warband), descended on a planet known to have genetically-compatible people on it (they're a splinter Chapter of the Raven Guard). They selected about 100 healthy males who matched the gene-seed of the Chapter, and then killed all other males they could find. When those 100 males breed, there will be a greater percent of the population that are genetically compatible with Nox Aeternia's gene-seed. When they visit that planet again, they will repeat the process and eventually (theoretically) have an entire planet of compatible males, thanks to this brutal artificial selection.

Nox Aeternia (my Chaos Warband), descended on a planet known to have genetically-compatible people on it (they're a splinter Chapter of the Raven Guard). They selected about 100 healthy males who matched the gene-seed of the Chapter, and then killed all other males they could find. When those 100 males breed, there will be a greater percent of the population that are genetically compatible with Nox Aeternia's gene-seed. When they visit that planet again, they will repeat the process and eventually (theoretically) have an entire planet of compatible males, thanks to this brutal artificial selection.

I love it! Nicely done sir!

Archived