Word Bearers' Acolytes

The Nephilim

Is it feasible that a Grand Host would have more than one Acolyte? Granted, they'd be ranked, but would there be more than one? I'm writting out my Host's organization, a la Codex Organization chart (inspired by AngryJohnny) and was wondering. Would they be dispersed across the companys like chaplains?

Patience young one. Bumping after a mere 4 hours is not the higher of paths to reach for. There is a time and place for everything. :D

Yes, just as "normal" Space Marines will have Chaplains-in-training the Word Bearers are very likely to have Acolytes in training. In fact, I even think there is a fleeing passage of there being several Acolytes in Juralek's Host in "Dark Apostle", and that's just a normal Host, not a Grand Host.

TDA

Is it feasible that a Grand Host would have more than one Acolyte? Granted, they'd be ranked, but would there be more than one? I'm writting out my Host's organization, a la Codex Organization chart (inspired by AngryJohnny) and was wondering. Would they be dispersed across the companys like chaplains?

It makes sense to me, the limiting factor in it in my eyes is the size of the host.

We draw alot of our WB structure from the 2 novels that deal with them and if I remember right, that Host was one of the largest ever. Such a large Host would require additional leaders, lieutenants to help maintain the faith and structure of the Host. This is especially true when Jarulek mentions the need for the DA to be separate from the rest of the Host.

So long story short, if you had a sufficiently large Host, it makes sense.

Oh I just remembered, wasn't there a line in the last codex that talks about the AC in each squad seeking to be the next DA.

Oh I just remembered, wasn't there a line in the last codex that talks about the AC in each squad seeking to be the next DA.

That would be the Index Astartes article, which does say that each and everyone of the Word Bearers are a Champion of Chaos and missionary of it's cause, their sole purpose to enlighten the universe of it's glory or die trying.

Or something along those lines :P

TDA

Archived