Imperial Imitators...

Slyen

So I got some of my marines primed up a while ago and I was having issues until a few days ago on what exactly I wanted to do with them. I wanted for the longest time to come up with a separate chapter as I had been building a Black Consuls. So a few days ago, with some help from a friend I finally came up with a name and sort of a paint scheme. I figured on painting up a test model from the poor souls who were ravaged by bad primer I foolishly did not test on say a sprue first (well lesson learned) and when I finished he looked fairly familiar. Some where along the lines the Golden Sons became Imperial Fists, minus all of the iconography of course.

So I guess what I am asking for is for advice on a paint scheme that will avoid confusion. I figured that all of the line infantry would be a yellow color while the veterans were painted up with the yellow being replaced with metallic gold. Maybe I should change this to be a darker, bronze like metallic paint for the regulars? I'm fairly limited in the paints department but it can be fixed in time.

Also, including a few pictures of the messy test dummy:

gallery_49726_4371_2159683.jpg

gallery_49726_4371_1035505.jpg

gallery_49726_4371_2100215.jpg

I can suggest a solution to your primer woes. Dettol, strips plastics safely, will allow you to test on minis as-well.

Id suggest maybe quartering the colours? or changing the panels the red is on. Perhaps red grieves, helmet and shoulder trim.

Archived