Two Close Combat Weapons Question

Talon Kaine

I'm new to the game and only started playing last week so sorry if this is a silly question.

Question 1:

I've read in the rules that if a model has two close combat weapons then it gets a bonus +1 attack in close combat. I was wondering for the Tyranid army are these already factored into the base template stats for units that automatically come with two close combat weapons?

For example the Broodlord has 3+1 on his template with the +1 coming from his Scything talons, but he also comes with Rending Claws for his second close combat weapon. So would his attacks be 3+2? or 3+1?

Question 2:

Ravener Brood in the Template says Attacks 3. So if I pick Scything Talons & Rending Claws that goes to 3+1 attacks. And if I take Scything Talons x2 then that would be 3+2. Correct?

Thanks in advance to those who reply.

You may ask rules questions about any rules relating to Warhammer 40k. They do not have to be just those rules contained with the Marine Codex or PA related rules in the Big Black Book.
Actually, he can ask such questions here ;).

Rending claws do not give +1 attack. One set of scything talons gives +1, and two sets gives +2, but that's it. Succinctly:

Question 1: 3+1

Question 2: Correct, because the sycthing talons give the +1 attack, while the claws only give Rending to those attacks, but no bonus attack.

Archived