Broodlord + Genestealer Rush

Talon Kaine

I'm new to the game and read everything I could in the rules to try and find something that would prevent me from doing this tactic I have planned, and I could not find anything that prevents me from doing it. Could someone please advise if this tactic is possible/legal based on all the rules that would be required to pull it off.

I wanted to have a Broodlord with a 10 Genestealer retinues. I will have the Genestealers upgraded with Scuttlers biomorph.

During the placement when it comes time for me to place the Broodlord and his Retinue, can I place it slightly over 18" away from an enemy unit. Then use the Scuttlers ability of the Genestealers to move them 6" towards the enemy unit, leaving them slightly over 12" away. Then if I have the first turn can I move the unit 6" towards the enemy again (Leaving the Retinue slightly over 6" away, but the Broodlord 12" away), and then run in the shooting phase (Using Fleet) to get a few inches closer. Then end it with an Assault on the enemy unit.

The reason I ask is the Broodlord becomes a Upgraded Character and looses his Independent Character Special ability while in his Retinue. He also does not have Scuttlers or Fleet. So he will be left behind in this rush and unable to get within assault range. So can the rest of the unit rush in to assult and leave Broodlord behind to catch up in the following turn? Or would I have to rush the Retinue in a line making a chain with the Genestealers of 2" apart to keep them in coherency?...Leaving only a few of the Retinue able to start an assault.

Any advise on this would be great... and thanks in advance to those who reply.

I hate to be the one that says this...but, Tyranids do not wear Power Armor...

not to mention it plays hell with their digestive tracks! (not even gavisgon helps :D ) however, I think having a unit that does what genestealer do already, asking for a FTC from them is starting to get silly (however they can still outflank if I remember correctly)

I hate to be the one that says this...but, Tyranids do not wear Power Armor...

the rules of the official rules forum allows asking rules questions from any army as it is important for us power armor users to know the rules of our enemies.

Indeed no restrictions to power armour questions in the OR – about the only place on the B&C where xeno's can gain access with their own issues :D.

From the OR rules [stickied at top of page]:

You may ask rules questions about any rules relating to Warhammer 40k. They do not have to be just those rules contained with the Marine Codex or PA related rules in the Big Black Book.

Cheers

I

After I realized a moderator had responded to this without event, I kind of got the feeling there was some sort of exception with regards to the OR board. Good to know. =) Thanks for clearing that up; sorry for breaking the rhythm.

Archived