Land Raider Falchion

Cerelius

Greetings Brothers (and Sisters)

I have all but finished the fist of a number of models for my Chapter of the Knight Stalkers, this one still has a few bits. This was a card built from scratch Land Raider and 99.9% of it was hand made. Hope you all like it and the write up which i hope to flesh out a bit.

For The Lion.

Land Raider Falchion

First Battle – Cassus IV

The Land Raider Falchion first came into being in 753.M41 on the battlefields of Cassus IV. Heavily outnumbered by invading Orks the Planetary Governor Sula called upon the aid of the Knight Stalkers, their forces being the closest to hand. So it was that on the eighteenth day of the siege of Hive Balorant the capitol, the assault barge of Endymion’s Flame baring Selene, the Sixth Company in the fires of battle. Led by Captain Jezeriah Endymion they smashed into the flanks of the Waaagh Gutrencha. In the vanguard was the Land Raider Va’Lin, which had been refitted with triple linked side Assault Cannons to deal with the high number of orks, and a multi melta which turned the vehicles into burning slag. All three of the companies Land Raiders had been converted to the new configuration of the Falchion on the journey in system which allowed Captain Jezeriah to split his forces upon landfall in three to first lead the breakout of the PDF and the retaking of the planet within a month, thus breaking the back of Waaagh Thaaka Gutrencha.

gallery_41962_4374_457675.jpg

gallery_41962_4374_931820.jpg

gallery_41962_4374_1594869.jpg

it looks OK, a bit thin and I don't really like the sticky out assault cannons and in my opinion would look better if they were mounted in the sponson brackets but for a scratch built model it's really good. I guess your working on some rules for that land raider eh?

I thought about sticking the cannons in the sponsons but that meant loosing the cabling for the ammo feeds, as well as it made it a bit difficult to move the weapons. The actually do move positions.

Thanks Brother Wizard

Blessings of the Lion be upon You

Archived