Dark Apostle & Terminator Retinue

The Prophet

So...what can we expect next? Really digging these guys!

Apart for some boring rhinos and not so beautiful obliterators, I work on my cathedral from time to time which I hopefully will be able to post here in some distant future. Two land raiders and some zealots (counts-as-berzerkers) are on the gathering stage as well. But considering how slow I am, you will have to wait for quite some time...

I really look forward to that baneblade-cathedral-monstrosity! <_< Hope you find the time to really start that project soon! It sounds awesome! Do you have any WIP-threads up with all of these things? And have you posted all your other squads here? Cause you have a whole bunch of troop-choises painted up, right?

Did you convert the Obliterators? There is a tutorial here somewhere on how to make up-right Obliterators. What is this cathedral? A terrainpiece? And the Zealots, will they be power armoured?

I’m trying to make the oblits look more like techmarines than some overweight daemons with issues, so I have started with the old school models and added some stuff, but I’m not so pleased with the results so far. I guess I will finish them anyway.

The zealots will have the look of ordinary assault CSM, with an angry fanatical religious touch.

I really look forward to that baneblade-cathedral-monstrosity! :tu: Hope you find the time to really start that project soon! It sounds awesome! Do you have any WIP-threads up with all of these things? And have you posted all your other squads here? Cause you have a whole bunch of troop-choises painted up, right?

The Cathedral really is my five year project that I won’t post any pictures of until I know it will look better than the the high pillar of crap it looks like now. If I will ever finish it I probably will have to gain some skills first with tools I never worked with. But i’ts a nice thing to plan and work with in meantime of other projects. I guess I could post some troops though.

must fight............... temptation ...........must not give in to collecting WB .............. well im going to start now over you........ hope your happy ;) ;)

:lol: :lol:

Like we Dark Angels say: A moment of laxity spawns a lifetime of heresy! ;)

Not so much "a moment of laxity" as much as "over 10,000 years to polish our rhetoric."

These are the best Word Bearers I've ever seen. Ever. I'm glad I'm currently working on the beginnings of a Host of my own, because these guys you've painted have inspired me to no end. You've given me tons of ideas.

In fact, I've been looking for a way to convert a scimitar and a glaive for two of my Chaos Lords (my DIY renegades have 5. Long story). Consider your ideas stolen.

Absolutely fantastic. The conversions are very effective, and the paintjobs are excellent. You've used the Chaos Warriors helmets very tastefully too! I love the Dark Apostle conversion, it's a testament to how well that particular model can be tainted by Chaos if done properly... :o

I'm impressed by your use of magnets; it's definitely piqued my interest in using them! What kind of magnets do you use? Also, what would you say are the modelling benefits of using brown stuff over green stuff?

I can't wait to see more brother!

The Glaive:

The arm and the long stick is the staff from the CSM Terminator Lord box, while the blade and wire attached to it is cut from the plastic reaper autocannon. Just a bit of BS work.

med_gallery_25850_1043_10324.jpg

Consider this stolen. No seriously, I have already bought the bits and sliced and diced them into this fantastic bit of wargear. Of course mine is for a loyalist Ultramarine Sergeant....

Consider this stolen. No seriously, I have already bought the bits and sliced and diced them into this fantastic bit of wargear. Of course mine is for a loyalist Ultramarine Sergeant....

Yeah, the CSM Terminators is really a box of wonders if you use it with other stuff as well. Hope to see your sergeant soon!

Absolutely fantastic. The conversions are very effective, and the paintjobs are excellent. You've used the Chaos Warriors helmets very tastefully too! I love the Dark Apostle conversion, it's a testament to how well that particular model can be tainted by Chaos if done properly... ^_^

I'm impressed by your use of magnets; it's definitely piqued my interest in using them! What kind of magnets do you use? Also, what would you say are the modelling benefits of using brown stuff over green stuff?

I can't wait to see more brother!

Cool! I use brown stuff when making hard edges, green stuff for what is supposed to be more of a smooth material. Brown stuff is also better if you want to file it down afterwards.

When I come home from the Fenris System-style barbaric parts of Sweden after the holidays I can check my magnets, for they are ideal for any SM or CSM converter I believe.

• 1 month later...

Archived