Chaos vs Daemons

Requiemnex

So recently watching several daemons vs SM and CSM it would appear that Daemons are built to murder marines.. I am curious what types of lists people are using to prevent things like the 3 flamer build. Or against daemons in general. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

So recently watching several daemons vs SM and CSM it would appear that Daemons are built to murder marines.. I am curious what types of lists people are using to prevent things like the 3 flamer build. Or against daemons in general. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry can't help you on that. I don't build "vs." lists, I build solid list take all comers list that seem to do pretty well vs daemons and everyone else (only played against daemons a couple of times though, and he was pretty new at the army). Besides, what army

isn't build to murder marines.

But I would think that building a general vs daemons list would be hard, b/c unlike csm's, daemons can build alot of different types of armies. So if you knew one daemon players that always used basicly the same list, you could but a list specificly to counter that. But b/c of the variety of things daemons can bring and armies they can build, building a general "vs. daemons" would be very hard. Just like you couldn't build a "vs chaos list" when we hard C:csm 3.5, b/c one chaos army could be totally different from another.

The most basic advice I can give you is that since all daemons are summoned in, try to concertarte fire/hth on them as them come in, destroying whole squad at a time, so when other units come in next turn, they are unsupported.

[The most basic advice I can give you is that since all daemons are summoned in, try to concertarte fire/hth on them as them come in, destroying whole squad at a time, so when other units come in next turn, they are unsupported.

This is a very good start.

Daemons, especially Khorne are built for murdering Marines. What they are not so great at is killing vehicles.

Defilers can safely slaughter a squad of Bloodletters or Bloodcrushers and have next to nothing to worry about.

Land Raiders are very hard to kill at range with their limited shooting and rely on units like Bloodthirsters coming over and smacking it repeatedly.

What you want is numbers (to hold when you are charged), tranports (to protect yourself with), Power Fists (for the big guys) and shooting (to cut down their numbers)

Think of them in the same way you would Orks. They're going to charge you eventually and while they have some shooting its more of a warm up to the assault.

Do you feel like this is the one situation where larger squads may benefit? IE - 15 man CSM squads? 10 man Plague marine squads? Flamer templates probably do wonders? I was thinking this may be a good spot for my "flamercide" when he deepstrikes his unit i hit it with 3 templates of flamers.

Do you feel like this is the one situation where larger squads may benefit? IE - 15 man CSM squads? 10 man Plague marine squads? Flamer templates probably do wonders? I was thinking this may be a good spot for my "flamercide" when he deepstrikes his unit i hit it with 3 templates of flamers.

I don't think so. Larger squads are good against things like 'Crushers or 'Netts but against Flamers its just more potential wounds to be stacked.

The best counters to Flamer are 1)playing a cat/mouse game with the reserves rolls and trying to have them come out first and 2) hiding in Rhinos/Land Raiders so they can absorb the first hit.

Plague Marines are actually kind of a waste against Daemons since so much of what they have either ignores armor or is high enough S that it doesn't matter.

Counter Flamers with Flamercide is possible but kinda hard since you can only score 3 hits and with T4 and a 4++ save, I wouldn't really rely on that to carry the day. Rapid fire Plasma or even Bolters would probably be better. Against other Daemon units though, Flamercide could work but I think the best "cide" squad would be 2 Combi-Plasma and a Heavy Flamer.

Archived