Dangerous Terrain Test w/ Jump Infantry

Silluen

I don't have my book on my right now, but it says you test for every model that has "entered, left, or moved through dangerous terrain," so it can be triggered in the assault phase as you'll be entering it then. There's no distinction for "only movement phase," as it can happen whenever something moves, be it movement, shooting, or assault phases. I think it's even in the assault phase section when dealing with charging through various types of terrain.

But to the OP: You can fly in the movement phase but are forced to walk in the assault phase, hence no dangerous terrain tests then as you're not using your jump pack.

Are you guys genius? Or, am I just a fool?
Clearly a fool :o, for if you read page 34 in the BRB it says, under Moving Assaulting Models: "Roll for difficult or dangerous terrain if necessary..."

Seahawk // What do you mean "you're(means I am) on target"? I just wondered which step of my logic is wrong. :) Anyway first quote is what I have accepted and try to apply at table. But I have a problem to understand why "walking" in movement phase isn't okay, while assault move is safe because of "being forced to walk" as you explained to me. (In second quote, you tought me "if necessary assault move can cause dangerous terrain test" and you might think JI's assault move isn't necessary situation to take dangerous terrain test, I guess.) Please help me out. I just can't get it through my head. :o

So, at least assault move is definitely safe, right? I want to land on open terrain and assault into forest or trenches, so walk in movement phase isn't that much important to me. Just curiosity.

You were right is what I was saying. In most normal cases, jumping through open terrain, then assaulting into difficult terrain only causes a difficult terrain test. Some terrain (wrecks, minefields, etc) are difficult and dangerous, so you'd have to roll both when assaulting. The second of my posts you quoted was to show everyone that dangerous tests are not only in the movement phase, a different topic to the one you started.

Archived