ChOMP CHOMP!....another Space Sharks WIP

dr. dwarf

wow how did i miss this thread!

Great looking Sharks (Very under done army compared to the other known chapters) figures are Jawesome

• 3 weeks later...

managed to bust out a sergeant, I didnt have a real idea for the back banner when I started and it shows. I have some more banners to do so hopefully I can do better as I go along.

Daylight is fading fast at the moment so here's what I got:

gallery_51133_4382_40426.jpg

gallery_51133_4382_14603.jpg

gallery_51133_4382_14147.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

In the early morning hours I completed my 3rd (and probably final) 10-man tactical squad.

gallery_51133_4382_32764.jpg

gallery_51133_4382_32445.jpg

The pictures arent that great due to lighting/my camera skills, but if you've seen my other tac squads you've seen these :)

Here's one of the sergeant:

gallery_51133_4382_15374.jpg

Working on another sergeant to lead one of the previous squads, along with a flamer guy and missle launcher guy to sub in to this squad. I also got a Black Templars restoration project going as well, too bad I'm a slow worker compared to most.

more to come!

Very nice. Very clean and crisp colours. Works well! :P

Just please tell me you're not falling for this new Forge World IA10 silliness. Carcharadons, indeed....*scoffing noise*

Not to be pedantic ( ;) ) but it's IA 9, not 10. And "Charcharadons" was, I believe, the old name for them, not the new name. I may be wrong, but as far as I am aware that's true.

Alot of the inspiration is from the guy who runs the GW pertinent blog with his Sharks. I plan to put like the A-10 warthog shark eyes n' teeth on my vehicles (2x rhinos , landspeeder, and now a land raider!) and the teeth on my beakie guys when I get to them.

I'm flattered! And now a follower of your blog (I don't get on these sites enough anymore!)

I did have a go at putting decals on my beaky guys to make the teeth. Unless you can keep the heads seperate I will suggest it might not be worth the trouble. If you have the hands (and patience!) to paint them on I would recommend that.

I've had a chaplain and tactical squad as well as 2 other rhinos and 2 other landspeeders waiting to get painted for a while now. Hoping reading through your thread/blog will get me motivated to finish up some more :rolleyes:

Alot of the inspiration is from the guy who runs the GW pertinent blog with his Sharks. I plan to put like the A-10 warthog shark eyes n' teeth on my vehicles (2x rhinos , landspeeder, and now a land raider!) and the teeth on my beakie guys when I get to them.

I'm flattered! And now a follower of your blog (I don't get on these sites enough anymore!)

I did have a go at putting decals on my beaky guys to make the teeth. Unless you can keep the heads seperate I will suggest it might not be worth the trouble. If you have the hands (and patience!) to paint them on I would recommend that.

I've had a chaplain and tactical squad as well as 2 other rhinos and 2 other landspeeders waiting to get painted for a while now. Hoping reading through your thread/blog will get me motivated to finish up some more ;)

Thanks for checking out my blog, its pretty much a mirror of this thread so you arent missing anything if you forgo the forums around the internets. As for painting, I still have the following to go:

5 terminators (AOBR version)

5 guys im turning into vets/sternguard

a command squad

1 librarian

1 dreadnought (AOBR version)

3 rhinos

3 bikers

1 landspeeder

1 landraider

I've been thinking about color schemes for other units beside the basic marine and here's what I've come up with:

gallery_51133_4382_100386.jpg

I'm not completely sold on the terminator scheme, and would like some suggestions on it! So if anyone has any ideas I'm all ears!

Great blog, nice painting. Personally I think that the Terminators would just look good in the same scheme as the standard Marines. Grey with red stripes and details. I'll be subscribing to this topic now, keep up the good work.

• 2 weeks later...
very nice sharks you have there, would you mind telling us how u paint em/ what colours ? :D

I use citadel paints for all the work on the sharks. The paints I use is adeptus battlegrey for the basecoat, recesses, and boot/shoulderpad trim, then a watered down coat of codex grey, and finally fortress grey as the highlight. for the red i use mechrite red as the base, folllowed by blood red (watered down of course),then a blazing orange highlight at the end.

I keep it pretty simple, key is keeping all paint watered down so it goes on smooth, but not so much it takes an enternity to layer up to the shade you want. I usually mix 1-2 drops of water per drop of paint and go from there.

Very nice. Very clean and crisp colours. Works well! :D

Just please tell me you're not falling for this new Forge World IA10 silliness. Carcharadons, indeed....*scoffing noise*

Not to be pedantic ( :teehee: ) but it's IA 9, not 10. And "Charcharadons" was, I believe, the old name for them, not the new name. I may be wrong, but as far as I am aware that's true.

No, you're wrong, they have always been space sharks.

• 3 weeks later...

Agreed!! Space Sharks for life!! I think the name is meant to attract pokemon fans?!?

Not to be pedantic ( :angry: ) but it's IA 9, not 10. And "Charcharadons" was, I believe, the old name for them, not the new name. I may be wrong, but as far as I am aware that's true.

Not only are you wrong about the name (was never Charhcaradons) but also the IA book with the Sharks IS IA:10. There's nothing about them except a teaser photo in IA:9

Had a little fiddle with the Terminator painter, try making the helmet white, it looked pretty neat.

I agree with this, though another suggestion could be to paint them all white (like a great white shark ;) ) which is what I plan to do for my Calgar counts-as in addition to my planned Fellblade.

My terminators will be painted using the Badab camo colours from the BoLS playaid (obviously the reason FW started with Badab war stuff and had to make all kinds of stupid name changes, etc.) same as my Hammerheads/Sternguard.

I hope to get some more Space Sharks stuff painted up soon so keep an eye on my blog!

AHA! So am I safe in assuming Forgeworld changed Space Sharks to Carcharadons? If so, I dont know why they would, I cant even pronounce the "new" name. Also great to see a new Space Sharks player dr.Dwarf.

AHA! So am I safe in assuming Forgeworld changed Space Sharks to Carcharadons? If so, I dont know why they would, I cant even pronounce the "new" name. Also great to see a new Space Sharks player dr.Dwarf.

nah I dont think I'll be giving in to that foolishness, especially since they decided to change the name, color scheme, and logo when I'm already 3 tac squads deep (plus some other models) done up in the old style shark scheme. Speaking of models, its small update time! Due to christmas stuff , wild work schedules, illnesses, etc. I havent had much time to work on the sharks or the black templars I have going on. I did manage to finish up a rocket launcher guy and a final powerfist sergeant to round out the tac squads:

gallery_51133_4382_27489.jpg

gallery_51133_4382_72154.jpg

gallery_51133_4382_68276.jpg

they need some touching up, but will work for now.I believe the next group for the sharks to be painted is a set of AOBR terminators.

• 2 weeks later...
Ahh yes, I have seen that! I want one, but 'm going to wait and see if they put out anymore Space Shark stuff so I can order it all at one time. I've also been kicking around the idea of trying to make this guy myself with some greenstuff and a regular terminator.

Archived