Representing Word Bearer named characters

Lucifer216

Hi all,

What would you chaps use in terms of existing special character rules for the following? Here is the list and my own thoughts

The Warmonger: Personally I'd go with Bjorn the Fell Handed (not particularly difficult, as I think he's the only dreadnought special character in existence)

Kol Baldar: Logan Grimmnar: Selected for being essentially a strong terminator themed force support character.

Erebus: Tricky, possibly Ahriman or Njal

Kor Phaedron: Possibly Logan Grimnar or Marneus Calgar or Abbadon. Probably of the three, Abaddon due to raw power.

Burias: Ragnar Blackmane

Marduk: Ahriman? A bit of a stretch. Probably best suited as a generic chaos Lord with daemon weapon

The Warmonger: Personally I'd go with Bjorn the Fell Handed (not particularly difficult, as I think he's the only dreadnought special character in existence)

Kol Baldar: Logan Grimmnar: Selected for being essentially a strong terminator themed force support character.

Erebus: Tricky, possibly Ahriman or Njal

Kor Phaedron: Possibly Logan Grimnar or Marneus Calgar or Abbadon. Probably of the three, Abaddon due to raw power.

Burias: Ragnar Blackmane

Marduk: Ahriman? A bit of a stretch. Probably best suited as a generic chaos Lord with daemon weapon

I'm oppossed to crossing codices.

The Warmonger: A Chaos Dreadnaught.

Erebus: Ahriman.

Kol Baldar: A Chaos Aspring Champion Chaos Terminator.

Kor Phaedron: Abaddon.

Burias: Possessed Aspiring Champion carrying an icon.

Marduk: Chaos Lord with MoT and Deathscreamer.

Just because a character is named in the books, doesn't mean he needs special rules.

I agree with the Nephilim. I would have no problem of a complete counts-as-use of a codex, if there was a good idea behind it, though using more than one codex gives you too much of an advantage when it comes to gaming, unless you play Apocalypse.

And you could also think about having regular non-special character models representing your "fluff-special characters". For example, I play with a fallen angel as a regular CSM, even though the background I have for him suggests a higher role. It doesn't have to be all fancy. Take the Warmonger as a regular dreadnought or Kol Badar as a chaos lord in terminator armour.

But if you really want them as Bjorn the Fell Handed and Logan Grimmnar, go with the wolves codex all the way, counting your csm troops as different types of space wolves.

I think Burias would make an interesting charatcer, he renewed my faith in possessed, I still admit they aren't that reliable all the time but they make it more fun, and a Burias type character would be awesome.

Although the Warmonger would make a good character too, due to the obvious insanity, which could create an interesting little random roll table, like slipping into one of his visions and marking targets as the emperor etc and various weapon layouts,...... the seige drill would be awesome ;)

Archived