Tyranid Lictor Assault Query

The Lucas

Hey guys, just a quickie:

My opponent is concerned that his Lictor cannot assault using it's Initiative and strikes last when Deep-Striking and Assaulting in cover.

Is their a rule we're missing or is this correct?

As we know it any unit that assaults through cover does so at Initiative 1, is the Lictor also treated as such?

Thanks anybody who can clarify :teehee:

Don't forget, because the Lictor deep strikes into terrain, he must take a Dangerous Terrain roll when he arrives! Lame, but them's the current rules.

Why "Lame"? Why should the Lictor be any different to anyone else in that respect?

Because it used to represent it being there from the beginning, rather than dropping from the sky, though I suppose exploding out of a tree might cause problems. But it was supposed to represent its cameoline abilities blending into the trees since last week, not randomly bustin' out of a tree, ground, or cloud now.

Indeed the difficult=dangerous is to represent a hard landing on an uneven surface, or teleporting with a peace of you inside a wall, it doesnt realy make much sense with the lictor who was sitting there to begin with, just invisable (well not invisable, but insainly well camoed).

It makes perfect sense. Have you ever hidden youself away under/in something, gone to leap out on your mate/sister/wife, and discovered that in the meantime your leg went to sleep? I would definitely call that dangerous!

RoV

Archived