Question abt making spawn

Excess Nerd

I was reading the rules for Gift of Chaos and Boon of Mutation. I was wondering if you knew what models were in a transport if you could target them with either one of these b/c Boon says no line of sight required so that leads me to believe if the model using it and mentally perceive its target it would be legal to use on models hiding in the transport. So the question is can you target models inside a transport with either Gift or Boon?

PS

I know this is a very silly and stupid question but if you can target things while inside to something outside it makes a reasonable amount of sense that it would work the other way.

I'd like to remind all that gift of chaos is a non shooting psychic power that consequently needs no line of sight and fire point to be used .

What this means is that you can easily cast it from inside a Land Raider and measure 6" from the hull of the armored monstrosity .

Also , it would be useful to point out that models with MoT may attempt to use the Gift of Chaos psychic power twice in their turn ( although this would mean that they give the "instakill" use of their force weapon for that turn )

Naw... not the Powerklaw Ork...

Think of the Special Characters!

Marneus Calger? SPAWN!

Abaddon? SPAWN!

Eldrad? SPAWN!

Gazghull? SPAWN!

An entire Grand Company of Space Wolves befalling a particularly Spawn-happy Sorcerer? =D

D=

-Goes off to grumble on about the deficiencies of Tzeentch Sorcerers compared to lesser psykers-

and they are somehow 6" from your HQ before your movment phase . yeah what kind of a player one has to be to do something like that ?

The most common way is you are in close combat with them.

Doesn't explicitly say in the rulebook but I think it's in the FAQ. Start of Turn Psychic Powers take place before/at the same time as Deepstrike thus Gift of Chaos can't be used on turn you deepstrike.

Edit: Just remembered, the actual wording used was closer to: "Deepstrike is taken place during Movement Phase which is after the Start of the turn"

Archived