Custom units

Nodaren

I seem to recall there being rules for assembling your own custom models with their own custom rule sets... not necessarily tournament legal, but official (released by games workshop)... where can I find them? I did already find custom vehicle rules in "chapter approved 2004" but that's the extent of my discovery.

I'm trying to create an army of "the fallen", but I need a couple of custom HQ units before I can quite make it fit fluff. And the "Chapter master" creation in codex space marines is lame

There were no such rules between 3rd and 5th editions; the only ones being the VDR rules in the Chapter Approved you found, and the 4th edition marine traits. Otherwise, totally new unit creation was never discussed. Well, except for "Creature Feature," but that's just coming up with a variety of alien species.

Only thing I can think of that's still active is the Apocalypse datasheets, as players are encouraged to make up their own. Alas, not quite what you're looking for. Best bet is probably going to be by scouring the codexes until you can find a closest fit. I'd say that the vanilla codex list and the SW lists give you the most chance for customisation.

Is there anything non-official that some one has put together that is reasonably acceptable for points cost? Something set up like Rouge Trader would be awsome.

Also the deamon hunter codex may have some rules you might like. And the previous chaos codex has some point values on different things (more so than the new one if memory serves).

Rouge Trader

ooh the merlot salesman is back in town.

If you want to try some DIY rules, we have a good section in the tactica forum at the bottom of the main forum.. they arent tourney legal and you do need opponent permission but they can be fun.

Archived