Alt Dreadnaughts.

Grey Mage

So, an idea thats been kickin around in my head for several months, thought Id bring it here and see what people thought.

Chaos Dreadnaught: 95pts.

Comes with SLs, Searchlight, and a DCCW with a flamer. Same AV, WS and BS as now.

Weapon options stay the same *including prices*, loses Crazed.

May switch out the flamer for a TL Bolter at no additional cost, or upgrade it to a heavy flamer for 10pts.

For 10pts it may take the Venerable special rule *as C:SM* and also gains the madness of ancients rule:

Each turn roll a d6, on the roll of a 6 the Dreadnaught gains the rage special rule. On the roll of a 1 it will do one of two things- if armed with a ranged weapon other than a flamer rol a d6- on a 3+ it will not move and will fire upon the closest enemy unit in range, one a 1 or a 2 it will move freely, but fire upon the closest friendly unit instead *determine the closest unit during the shooting phase*.

If the Dreadnaught is armed with two close combat weapons it instead immediately suffers a glancing hit as the interred attempts to free himself from his ancient prison- the dreadnaught may move and fire freely otherwise. The result of this glancing hit may not be rerolled using the venerable special rule.

Thoughts?

interesting but I would have him crazed and be able to upgrade him to not go into a frenzy for the 10 points instead of buying frenzy,but IMO the way the dreads work now is fine and everyone should either not use them or learn to use them tacticaly the way they are.

I always wondered where this rule went? I liked the idea of building a Dread that looked posessed... (i did start but now it looks a bit bland cos i finished it after release of 5th ed).

Archived