Full sculpt Prince

smallvictory

I wanted a Prince that looked like a chaos sorcerer had ascended to deamonhood. Since I didn't think adding a robe and a staff to the current GW model would do the trick I decided to make one myself. I had never used Sculpy, Brown stuff, plasticard, tried to build any kind of model, or anything remotely like this before. The disk was a late addition and was one of many suggestions taken from the WIP section, thanks alot guys. I learned a lot, I plan on redoing the whole project as soon as I finish my army because after going through this I have a million ways to make it better. But enough talk, here are the pictures!

gallery_31750_4271_20549.jpggallery_31750_4271_5687.jpggallery_31750_4271_42829.jpggallery_31750_4271_17303.jpggallery_31750_4271_31399.jpggallery_31750_4271_18268.jpggallery_31750_4271_31501.jpggallery_31750_4271_9993.jpg

last one for scale.

I think you've done a pretty good job on him for a full sculpt. Since you mentioned redoing him eventually, there are a few areas that I think could be done a bit better. The staff he is carrying seems a bit thin in teh haft and makes the otherwise nice weapon seem a bit flimsy. I think he could use a better attachment to the base as well. the feathers make his "feet" seem something amorphous and bag like, kind of like he is trying to run in a sack race. I'm not really sure the effect you were going for there, but just adding separate feathers that don't curl underneath would go a long ways toward making that area work better.

Thanks Shadow Captain Corveus, I'm just glad I kept the colors in between the lines. Lifes better when you're a Foul Warp Spawn, it's never too late to accept the 'gift' of Chaos.

Vaaish you hit the nail right on the head, the feathers began on the bottom and built up one layer at a time 'til I got to the top. By the time I finished I realized my mistake and sooooooo much time was put in already I figured I would press on and fix it later. Then I tried to switch gears and put him on a disk, got frusterated and just went with it.

Thanks for the feedback, love the C-n-C's, the feedback keeps me learning.

Archived