WIP - Celestial lion..

nurglespuss

Update:

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs056.snc3/14340_374735770322_633810322_9900080_1244794_n.jpghttp://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs056.snc3/14340_374735780322_633810322_9900081_6418546_n.jpg

just a quick update above, added cloak,fur. backstory soon. thanks!

-----------------------

Hi all! Well just a quick one here, but heres a quick WIP of him so far, I'm working on a cloak, and trying to make him as 'mysterious' as possible (like weird background stuff in 40k used to be).

Any ideas c&c very welcome!

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs076.snc3/14340_374288080322_633810322_9895833_1064299_n.jpg

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs056.snc3/14340_374288095322_633810322_9895834_7782457_n.jpg

I agree with the others on the eye.

Also I think in the new pictures now that we can see it all together there is to much going on with the backpack/neck. The lights from the backpack don't stand out enough with the aquala and skulls, maybe drop the eagle neck piece? Just a personal opinion.

I r eally like your green stuff work though.

its the old plastic space marine with missile launcher from 2nd ed box :)

Thanks :geek: yep, the pose is static, as in the scene he's standing in the shadows... :wub:

This guy is pretty cool. I agree with the eye augment looks huge but still cool.

This is a pretty nice model for just standing in the shadows...... But I guess you said you will be using him on the table top too.

Hey what's a celestial lion?

Hey what's a celestial lion?

I know its the name of a chapter, almost entirely annihilated on Armageddon. Their last apocrathy died there along with pretty much every member of their chapter. Also they had issues with the inquisition due their ideology, nothing heretical just naive in comparison.

They have an entry on the Lexicanum.

Cheers guys!

Yep, my idea is, that he is the last apothecary of the celestial lions. Shot by imperial snipers, and left for dead in the melee surrounding the hive on armageddon. He was found by a unit of wolf scouts, and brought back to a spacewolves ship for treatment (as the other lions could not be contacted). The medicae did what they could, but the iron priests had to replace half his head with augmetics, and provide him with servo skull sensory matrix. He is now in fact, barely 'human', and only has memories of the battle, up to being shot. The space wolves, took him back to the Fang to speak his piece before the great wolf, who agreed to aide him in recovering his lost battle brothers, before they anihilate themselves in combat (believing that their chapter is no more). Along the way, they have encountered celestial lions garrisoned at space port, and this small band of warriors, fight like lions to repay the space wolves for their help, on the search for thei remaining brothers...

I had assumed he was took the round from an Ork, but then I only have access to the material listed in the Lexicanum on them. As for the shot through the head and living bit I dunno... seems kinda far fetched. That is just me though and its your fluff :P

I was actually thinking of doing them up for these Marines I have sitting around, but I don't have access to green stuff or the experience required for its usage for me to be happy with them. Its the whole Lion head backpack in the image... :s

there are some decent lionhead type bits in the empire plastic sprues (cannon/mortar and knights I think), also, the new plastic spacewolves have lovely bolters with a little 'wolf' sat on top (but it looks much more like a lion).

Cheers, I figure if anyone is gonna survive being shot by a sniper round to the head, its a space marine! :lol:

Archived