1ste Space Shark WIP

Stilsgar

Hi there ,

I'm currently trying out a Space Shark for my new SM army, got most of the basics done.

please tell me what you think, I'm still not shure on the squad markings and company markings but here it is.

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh135/Stilsgar/Ss2b.jpg

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh135/Stilsgar/Ss1b.jpg

i myself love "natural highlights" and so dont often paint much in the way of highlights. That said, i love the clean look of your gray. Wish i could see the right shoulderpad.

What you've done with the helmet is really truly unique. If you do this with every marine in your army, it will look fantastic.

thanks all for you're kind words.

yes it lacks highlights. But it will get them, like my Space Wolfs they first get a base collouring until I have enough points for some nice battles, mostly 1000 pts.

Than I'll go for the highlights.

As for the right shoulder pad, it's still "blank" well red in this case. I havent decided yet as what to do with the squad markings and the different marking of vets, devistators and other special units, I didn't want to use the traditionally squad markings of the codex astartes but more something in the line of Space Wolf markings as I am going for a Maori/oceanic kinda thing, so tribal tattoos would be cool and/or shark teeth.

I'm very happy with the end result of the helmet altough initially it was more ment for vets and sergeants but with the way it looks I'm thinking of giving it to all of my marines, it will lose some of it's uniqueness though.

Before I can go fullout in painting an army , I still need some research and decision making to do, but at least i've made a start.

Archived