Angerforce's Space Wolves.

angerforce

Hi everyone!

I just painted up a couple of Grey Hunters today and I thought I might as well post them. Crappy pic, I know, just snapped one with my iPhone. I'll get better lighting next time.

And this is tabletop quality, so don't be too hard on me. :)

Here they are. My first ever Space Wolves. I'm actually kind of pleased with the result!

gallery_5376_4394_720807.jpg

Thanks guys! Glad you like 'em! Makes me wanna paint up some more! :blink:

They look very clean to me and the black dags appear to be neat. Good work!

I tend to like my Wolves a little more wolfy, but there's something to be said for the clean look too.

I agree with you on the wolfyness! I like mine wolfy and barbaric to! It's just that i have a couple of thousand points of unpainted marines lying around and I thought what the hell. Why not just paint some up as Space Wolves? I've been wanting to play space wolves since back in 2nd ed and I have all of their codices. I just bought the newest edition and I couldn't resist the temptation any longer. ;) After all, I just have to play a chapter that has an HQ choise with the same name as me! :)

/Björn, the not quite so Fellhanded, Ängerforce. ;)

Hi again! I've finished a pack of Long Fangs for my Space Wolves. Hope you like them. As with the Grey Hunters these are tabletop quality and finished in a day, so not the prettiest guys out there, but I'm pleased with the result.

Questions and comments are welcome!

gallery_5376_4394_286365.jpg

gallery_5376_4394_245239.jpg

Cheers!

/Bjorn Angerforce.

[Edit: Spelling.]

Looks great. On the subject of adding more 'wolfy-ness', you may look into buying or trading for some left-over pieces from someone elses Space Wolf Tactical sprue. For example, I have a lot of left-over bits after assembling everything I could in one of those boxes. A lot of it is designed (I think) to be easily integrated into the standard space marine.

Thanks! Yea, I don't know any Wolf-players, but I'll get a box of space wolves (and maybe even a box of the great new terminator wolf guard!) and mix in with the bolter-grey-hunters and that will hopefully make the squad feel more barbaric and wolfy. :)

Any thoughts on equipment for the other five guys in the squad (and the other squad of 10 GH I'm painting up next)? I'm fresh out of meltaguns but plasma guns seem to be in ample supply.

/B.

[Edit: Spelling again, I really need to start spellchecking before hitting "post"...]

I agree with you on the wolfyness! I like mine wolfy and barbaric to! It's just that i have a couple of thousand points of unpainted marines lying around and I thought what the hell. Why not just paint some up as Space Wolves? I've been wanting to play space wolves since back in 2nd ed and I have all of their codices. I just bought the newest edition and I couldn't resist the temptation any longer. ;) After all, I just have to play a chapter that has an HQ choise with the same name as me! ^_^

/Björn, the not quite so Fellhanded, Ängerforce. ;)

What!?

I never thought you would leave the Lion for puppets! But they look amazing! Good work!

Of course you have to bring some counts-as-Dreadnought. Not sure about the name though. Might he not rather be Björn the Hellstranded, or the Well Handed, after some melta-shots aimed at him? ;) Anyway, I hope to see more marines painted, in any of your colours!

I never thought you would leave the Lion for puppets! But they look amazing! Good work!

Of course you have to bring some counts-as-Dreadnought. Not sure about the name though. Might he not rather be Björn the Hellstranded, or the Well Handed, after some melta-shots aimed at him? Anyway, I hope to see more marines painted, in any of your colours!

The Prophet>>You never thought I'd leave the Lion for Puppets? What are the Word Bearers but puppets of the Dark Gods?? I Do not understand your logic. The Space Wolves are as far from someones puppets as I can imagine! We dance to noones tune but our own!! Awwwwwwwoooo! ;)

Of course I'll bring a Bjorn to the table! How could I not? He (me?) is the oldest Space Wolf alive, and he has even seen the Emperor of Man!! B) That has to be the coolest thing ever! :P No fuggen "counts-as" :D I really hope they make a new Bjorn! If they don't, I'll certainly make one of my own using the new Forge World SW Dreadnought! :D And how can you even imagine him (me?) defeated by meltagun shots? Surely you understand that whatever heretic you throw at him will be hunted down, torn limb from limb and beaten to death by the wet end of his own arm (thanks for making it easy for me by magnetizing them for me!) by even the lowliest of my Space Wolves if we ever meet... It will be as if you never ever lived! ;)

Pattison>>> Thanks Brother! Yea! I think they look quite good considering the time I spent painting them! :) And I certainly agree! The Space Wolves are not all berserker madmed! That is certainly an aspect of the Chapter, but not at all their defining characteristic! I would like one or two Lone Wolves with The Mark of the Wulfen and jump packs though! That would really fit the flavour of my Wolves! I'd love to see them rip a bunch of "The Prophet's" Word Bearers apart! ;)

Battle-Captain Garro>>> You honour me by asking brother! I used the guide they posted in the White Dwarf as far as I could. Chaos Black undercoat, basecoat of Shadow Gray + Space Wolf Gray 1:1 (+Water), wash of Scorched Brown + Shadow Gray (+ a lot of water), highlight of Shadow Gray + Space Wolf Gray 1:3 (-ish!) (+ some water).

All the other areas are pretty straightforward:

Left shoulder: Skull White undercoat + Golden Yellow.

Right shoulder: Mechrite Red + Chaos Black dags. Highlight of Skulle White + Chaos Black 1:1.

The weapons (and joints and mouth-grills): Chaos Black undercoat + Skulle White + Chaos Black 1:1 highlight

The metal areas: Chainmail + wash of Chaos Black + lots of water.

The gold is: Burnished Gold as a basecoat with a wash of Bestial Brown + a lot of water. This is highlighted with a 1:1 mix of Burnished Gold and Mithril Silver

Anyhing other than that you'd like to know?

I wish you all the best brother Space Wolf! Blood and death are awaiting thine enemies! Let me know how you do! Any advice you come up with would be greatly appreciated!

/B.

Archived