ARGH - crusader woes

I'm stuck on a deathwatch LR crusader…

Want the multimelta to go where the assault cannons go; but then where do I put the assault cannons?

my first thought was to put them on like a terminus' additional lascannons, but that blocks exits and makes the twin linked aspect difficult. don't really want to put them on top unless it keeps the profile of the tank relatively sleek.

why did she buy me this for chrismas, does she hate me??? gargh! :lol:

was gonna do melta/searchlight combo.

the other issue i have is arcs of fire, but i'm sure a good conversion will convince my regular opponents (when i get to play, which is not often) to let it slide.

but primarily i want it to look cool and menacing, it'll carry a sternguard squad decked up as deathwatch. the idea being they are combat squaded and jump out the tank in different dirctions :lol:

i seem to have collected land raiders, have a redeemer, two crusaders, as standard one and an ares.

want something different, was gonna do a land raider arbalest, where i'd swap the hurricane bolters for a hyperios missile system, one of the missile pods on each side, but i ant the deathwatch to be able to close to the enemy in a hail of bolts

and flying lead.

don't want it to be a redeemer (the flame cannons have been re-allocated) but want it to look different to the rest (which are in blood ravens colours (or will be) so deathwatch colours is the plan, but modelling?

putting the ass-cannons on the hurricane bolters is an idea, but would it be difficult and make it awkward to justify twin-linked (if the ass cannon fires at diff target using POMS

@ Rindaris - can't see pic, work pc not good, will check it when i get home

I've taken my RT crusader to a tourney with a front mounted MM and rear TL AssCan and never get negative remarks. Might help that its on a RT body, but the principle is the same. In fact I usually get lots of good remarks.

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs50/f/2009/274/a/8/Complete_Mini_BC_Call_by_Rindaris.jpg

Plus with the MM in front you get a better chance for the Melta range of 12". A few inches back won't lessen the damage for an AssCan as long as its still in range.

Some people would but I personally wouldn't as the codex entry doesn't sate where the weapon is mounted, it just lists the weapons a Land Raider has, you can put them any where you want. It encourages conversion which is only a positive thing in my book. Plus Rindaris' baal pread turret looks cool!

I

Archived