Using Vehicles as Blocking Terrain

Dunedon

I'm pretty sure of the rules, but as always I'm always hesitant to think I've got it pinned down without checking here. Here's the scenarios ...

1) If I surround an objective marker ... let's say with 4 rhinos at N,S,E,W all with less than 1.5" between them ... can an enemy model get within 3" of the objective to contest, or are the blocked because they must stay 1" away from any of my models they are not assaulting?

2) If I replace rhino's in the above example with Drop Pods (being imobile) does this change?

3) If Using Drop pods, are the doors considered when determining if you are within 1" of the vehicle, or can you walk over the dropped doors?

I seem to think this works and the only real confusion I have is with #3 since I'm not sure I've ever seen an official answer on it ... but I figured I'd check out all the parameters to be sure.

Thanks in advance - Dunedon

1. The could assault the rhinos to get close enough. Sounds like that would be the only option if there isn't enough room to pass through them.

2. No.

3. The doors are not considered or else the disembark range from drop pods would be huge.

Just remember that vehicles that explode are removed from the table and replaced with a crater (if you have one).

If the rhinos are wrecked, they turn into terrain and can be climbed over.

A single jump-packer might fit in-between those rhinos, right on top of the thing you're trying to guard. Keep it tight.

Just remember that vehicles that explode are removed from the table and replaced with a crater (if you have one).

If the rhinos are wrecked, they turn into terrain and can be climbed over.

A single jump-packer might fit in-between those rhinos, right on top of the thing you're trying to guard. Keep it tight.

Yep ... was mostly a theoretical argument, as removing a rhino is just too easy .... drop pods are a bit harder to move, but if you don't count the doors then they arn't large enough to provide the ring (or even partial ring) of cover needed.

You'd want a unit "in the circle" anyways ... no sense surrounding the objective if you weren't going to claim in instead of just contesting it ... so no way for anything to "land inside". (although you could really tick off people if playing necrons and set a monolith right on top of one, even assaulting it you wouldn't be within 3" of the objective)

- Dunedon

Archived