can Heavy weapons fire same turn they disembark?

o3gan

Check the disembarking rules on page 67: "After disembarking, these models may shoot (counting as moving)..." That should answer your question ;).

I once had a guy try to cheat me by saying his Firewarriors could disembark and shoot 30", claiming it was a strategem. 1) No such strategem existed, and 2) we were playing normal 40k that doesn't include strategems. This behavior continued all game, then when he lost he packed up in a huff and walked off without a word. Sorry, but this Ultramarines player ain't no newb :).

Check the disembarking rules on page 67: "After disembarking, these models may shoot (counting as moving)..." That should answer your question ;).

I once had a guy try to cheat me by saying his Firewarriors could disembark and shoot 30", claiming it was a strategem. 1) No such strategem existed, and 2) we were playing normal 40k that doesn't include strategems. This behavior continued all game, then when he lost he packed up in a huff and walked off without a word. Sorry, but this Ultramarines player ain't no newb :P.

lol the biggest way you got cheated here is that his fire warriors had a drop pod

lol i kidding

as far as I know, it states in the codex and the rulebook that when disembarking the models counts as moving no matter wich vehicle. unless they have some sort of special rule, but I doubt that many models have that rule

(and thats one of the reasons why I play orks as well, lots of assault weapons :lol:)

This is why Relentless is your friend. ;)

but then again the only thing SM's have that counts as relentless is terminators, which is... unfortunate

bikes, though the only way to get a bike into a transport is loopholeing with the wargear, which would likely get you punched, even the the chaos dex sided with it for wings.

• 2 weeks later...
This is why Relentless is your friend. B)

but then again the only thing SM's have that counts as relentless is terminators, which is... unfortunate

Legion of the Damned... should they find an empty transport to thumb a ride. ;)

Warprat ;)

theres a space wolf character (Grimnar) that can give the squad he's attached to Relentless, so add him to the unit, drop them in a pod, and there you go. very expensive way to deepstrike that MM, but if you survive there are other USRs he can grant the next turn that will help as well.

Doesnt nessecarily work- as its still up for debate if he can choose a special rule when not on the field "at the start of the turn", some of us say yes, some say no. Still, for a 500pts unit you expect some results eh?

Still, for a 500pts unit you expect some results eh?

Thats hardly apropriate counting the drop pod and attached unit in the points for logan. I mean I can make a unit that goes for more than 600pts easy when you count IC, Unit and transport. Heck bet I could make one over 1000 points if I tried.

Thats hardly apropriate counting the drop pod and attached unit in the points for logan. I mean I can make a unit that goes for more than 600pts easy when you count IC, Unit and transport. Heck bet I could make one over 1000 points if I tried.

Yes, Im aware... I once fielded a single unit that was 3112pts using the old Seer Council rules from EOT, I still feel that 6 LFs with 5 MMs, Logan, and a DP is rather expensive for a gimmick, particularly one that is in the Grey Area of RAW.

And frankly... when people throw Hammernators in a LR, they expect it to get good results most of the time.. and they cost about the same.

If you play Planetary Empire Campaigns, there are locations that will grant you free universal skills. In our current campaign, seeing unusual fleet and relentless units running around has become common. The few times I have had a free skill to spend in our Planetary Empire campaign, I did look long and hard at a 10-man plasma cannon, plasma gun, Bolter-toting crusader squad in a drop pod with relentless. I've only done it once so far, but was happy with it. I have had a lot of luck giving a Melta/DCCW Dreadnought Tank Hunter. Good times.

And, to the OP, deepstriking counts as moving as has been pointed out here.

Yes, Im aware... I once fielded a single unit that was 3112pts using the old Seer Council rules from EOT, I still feel that 6 LFs with 5 MMs, Logan, and a DP is rather expensive for a gimmick, particularly one that is in the Grey Area of RAW.

And frankly... when people throw Hammernators in a LR, they expect it to get good results most of the time.. and they cost about the same.

Throw logan and the long fangs into a land raider?

Archived