Pre-Heresy Dark Angels

Angels_Blade

The dread looks fantastic! Any chance of a run down of the components used in it? Looks like it has been based on an Ironclad?

The terminator looks brilliant aswell, I've been waiting to see someone use the microart legs and they look perfect....whats the quality of them like and what are the other 4 legs like? I'm looking forward to seeing the next 4 models of the unit before I decide on purchasing the 4 packs I need.

Loving the army so far, always thought that if I were to do a pre-heresy Dark Angel force I'd highlight the black with green as a nod to the cureent Dark Angel scheme. The conversions of the helmets are inspired and make the army stand out that little bit more......I'm interested to see what you will be doing for your bike squad.

What else do you plan for the army, are you making it to a set list or just going to collect a large enough force as you did with your scorpions?

Cheers

Dan

The dread looks fantastic! Any chance of a run down of the components used in it? Looks like it has been based on an Ironclad?

No problem, You need an Ironclad, the assault cannon form the metal venerable (I only used it cos I had it spare), The fist from the metal venerable, A plastic terminator torso, a 'thick-E' string from a guitar, a space marine shoulderpad and an appropriate head (mine is steam knight head from maxmini). Using a GW saw cut the middle bit of the the dreadnought to be flush with the sides. Cut the top part of the terminator torso off and whack it on the dreadnought. Cut the shouldpad to fit over the terminator torso, position your head, add some wires and Roberts your fathers brother!

The terminator looks brilliant aswell, I've been waiting to see someone use the microart legs and they look perfect....whats the quality of them like and what are the other 4 legs like? I'm looking forward to seeing the next 4 models of the unit before I decide on purchasing the 4 packs I need.

Casting quality is better than forgeworld and they are strpped of flash before they send them. I'm buliding the squad this week so stay tuned for wip pics of the other legs.

What else do you plan for the army, are you making it to a set list or just going to collect a large enough force as you did with your scorpions?

nice, are you goin to be building it to a list to play or just collect?

The army is for the AOTE campain weekend in may. It's mainly a painting challenge for me but i will play with it also.

The list at the moment will be -

Lion El'Johnson - using the templar knight mini with a sword swap

Captain - Seen above

3 - ten man tactical squads - all robed as above with converted steam knight heads

5-10 man assault squad - robed using steam knight heads and maxmini jump packs

3 rhinos

1 land raider

5 x termintors - robed as above

5 x jetbikes - All using the sammiel jetbike with conversions

1 + dreadnoughts see above

Cheers for all the comments so far, I hope to churn out a unit every 1-2 weeks

AB

Archived