looking for ideas on undivided list

sisterZayla

Hi, I'm wanting to start a chaos army and have been looking at them for quite some time. I originally was going to do an alpha legion or word bearer army but then i heard the new codex was right around the corner and so i waited. Then the codex came out and there were bo more undivided armies. So my question is, is it possible to still make a fluffy word bearer list that can be competitive? If so i would love to see some cool lists people have made. if not, well i still want to see some fluffy word bearers lists

Yes I think it is still possible to make a fluffy and effective WB's all undivided list. I use all undivided quite often for my black legion and it is very competitive. As far as list try searchy, I don't know if that wks for army list but I assume it does. But basicly you are going with a chaos lord and loads of undivided csm's (one of the best all around troops in the game), what's not effective about that ??

If you can't find anything by searchy, I throw one of my all undivided list up.

I'll toss out basic squad loadouts for the trouble.

CSM squads at 10 models strong, champion with powerfist and maybe a combi melta or combi flamer (picking flamer gurantees hits), and finally either 2 flamers or meltas, or even 1 of each is fine. The unit does best with a rhino and an icon of glory. Some people run without a champ, and go with 2 plasma guns, or 1 plasma gun and 1 heavy gun of your choice, without a rhino.

Chosen/Terminators are a decent pick. I prefer more chosen these days, and non deep striking terminators that use the run function to get there.

Terminator must-haves: 1 fist or chainfist at the least, heavy flamer(because its really damn cheap), and 0-10 combi-weapons, often spam the same weapon and the combi-flamers are the least picked choice. Icon of glory almost always picked unless the squad is 4 or 3, without a HQ joining them.

Chosen (without deity icon): 5 gun upgrades and outflanking. Mix and match whatever suits you, some rely on hitting side and rear armor with plasma guns to be multi-functional or people like me who use 5 flamers and 5 meltabombs to get whatever I want to kill - killed.

Outflanking, 5 plasma guns (or) 4 plasma guns+Heavy weapon when infiltrating.

5 of all or a mix of meltaguns/flamers and even meltabombs, some prefer a powerfist champ with 4 special guns because of big things in melee.

The melee chosen is really outmatched by terminators, and that is only because of the icon restrictions. If you do however run melee chosen, go with claws and a flamer at 10 models strong to lose a few. If you deviate and pick icons other then glory, pick khorne for the extra attacks (its like free lightening claws). The slaanesh icon only works for striking at the same time as I5 models, and striking ahead of I4 models, where most that are a serious threat are initiative 5, 6 or always strikes first no matter what. So it wont stop you from losing those 5 non claw models out of 10 bodies.

Fast attack, if you cant really pick the icons that make them really rude to field, stick with raptors. Or better yet, stick with basic units inside rhinos. You move a rhino, get out, use the run rule and you really go as fast as raptors do in 2 turn assault. And you stay scoring while you're at it. This is also superior to a bike-borne daemon assault. (Daemon Bombing) If you do field generic lesser daemons.

Lesser daemons and the greater daemon are worthwhile. Just that they have their roles in a 3+ armor save army, rather then being powerhouses like the daemon codex daemons. (have them tie up enemy terminators for example)

Units to avoid:

Possessed (unless you really know what you're doing)

Bikes (too spendy unless you know what you're doing, and thats often with an icon of nurgle at 8+ models)

Pure shooty dreadnoughts, they are better off as melee or with a missile launcher if you take one or more. (Pick frag when you shoot your own models)

Chaos Spawns, they are great as a singular filler for that last 40 points in the list. Or having them if you happen to use the gift of chaos psychic power. Otherwise don't depend on them for anything.

Archived