unit with hq falling back

harrybo

Hiya all,

This came up in a game yesterday against my long time Ork nemesis. I had an amazing first round of shooting blowing up a battlewagon and a trukk amoungst other carnage. He had a big mek with KFF in a trukk with about ten burna boyz. He failed his 4+ cover save, ramshackle meant it moved forwardish about 6" and they had to disembark. At this point the thunderfire picked them out and killed all but 2 burnas and the big mek also took a wound. At this point he took a leadership and promptly failed it, and they fell back a lucky 2". My question is can this unit ever rally and get back in the game? The reason he said yes was that the big mek is a independant character so can. I couldn't find anything besides a unit which is below half strength can never rally, and an independant character cannot join or leave a unit falling back. So were they doomed to fall back for the rest of the game, or can an IC rally them? Thanks in advance for your help everyone!

Nope... ICs who are attached to the unit share its fate. Pg. 48 details how they stay in units... and since he has to fall back *since hes in a unit thats falling back* and has to stay in coherency... theres no way to rally the squad.

Nope... ICs who are attached to the unit share its fate. Pg. 48 details how they stay in units... and since he has to fall back *since hes in a unit thats falling back* and has to stay in coherency... theres no way to rally the squad.

Exactly, the only way that they could Regroup is if you were a knucklehead and chose to Assault the unit, in which case they would then automatically Regroup.

V

Archived