Gargantuan creature latest rules

Ntin

I am a bit confused then since the rule entry refers to some rule that no longer exist or cause conflicting rules in 5th edition. Does the Rulebook take precedence or the Apocalypse book?

That was not it.

Under the movement phase rules:

A GC can tank shock with an AV 14, can it also ram?

Under the shooting phase rules:

There is a conflicting rule about GC and template weapons.

Under the assault phase rules:

The stomp attack only asks for “engaged” models, now that the combat bubble is 2” from the nearest friendly the radius for this is rather huge.

The model count for close combat victory is no longer a rule.

Under special rules:

Can a GC’s own psychic powers affect it?

There is no longer a “terrifying” special rule.

1. Yes, as Ramming is a special form of Tank Shock; if you can TS, you can Ram.

2. You'd probably just overwrite the old rules with 5th edition, but that's nothing technical.

3. Yea...all models in base contact and within 2" of a model within base contact are now whacked by a stomp. Super stomp!

4. Counts as 30 models; just ignore it. Errata it out I guess.

5. By RAW, not even the GC's own psychic powers affect it, so Zarakynel's Warptime is entirely useless...except for houseruling, which is what Apoc is all about.

6. The "Terrifying" special rule is not a USR; it's described right there in the paragraph, current and good to go!

Well you can fit Zarakynel and the other Daemon Lords into normal games if you play Chaos Daemons, they count as special characters. Trying to understand these rules to see if its worth trying it :tu:

On the topic of Zarakynel does she get her special sword while she stomps?

Is it in a FAQ? Otherwise IA Apoc says they're for C:CSM armies. I imagine it was printed before C:D came out though. So far as I can find, stomp is made instead of attacking normally, which to me would suggest you don't attack with any weapons, only your feet. However, it goes on to say that it simply allows you to make one attack against all those models, including a closed list of what you can't do during it. Not using your weapon isn't among them, so I'd say he/she/it uses the souleater sword.

Or bloodthirster uses the axe of khorne...which would lead to more attacks only against those models that are engaged. Also to be clear, when attacking with stomp you don't batch roll them, you roll to attack each specific model.

In 5th edition you do not have the option of turning off your special close combat weapon, which is what made me think of that. Stomp itself seems to be a flavor name for some kind of large sweeping area attack. It would be silly to argue that some of the Tyranids could not make a stomp attack because they lack legs. The Daemon Lords seem to have a number of small quirks compared to the rest of the Gargantuan Creatures since the first two were designed as Monstrous Creatures.

The FAQ for this is located here.

using superheavies or gargantuans in a regular game is just plain a dick move. Crazy stuff is for apoc, cus apoc is made for crazy stuff.

On a related note to the stomp, the Titan close combat weapon specificly says that it does not give a bonus to stomps, so by that token I would judge that a stomp attack doesnt benifit weapon rules, but thats more of a gut sort of thing.

The Daemon Lords are all overpriced and do not really offer that much in comparison to something like a super heavy. One could do more damage with two Greater Daemons but it is just kind of fun to mix it up.

• 4 weeks later...

concerning Gargantuan creatures..

I've seen that the Lord of change gets a 20" movement because he has wings, does anyone know if this counts for the Bloodthirster as well ?

otherwise it's kinda stupid he has wings... since gargantuans can move 12" standard if I'm correct

The Daemon Lords are all overpriced and do not really offer that much in comparison to something like a super heavy. One could do more damage with two Greater Daemons but it is just kind of fun to mix it up.

Well consider the toughness of the greater deamons, as well as all their special rules, and then the gargantuan special rules (cant be tied up, imunites/resitances, tank shock, STOMP).

Archived