Baneblade question

KhorneHunter57x

Hey all, I have a question about the Baneblade. I have used searchy and I did not find the answer, so here it is:

As you all know, a Baneblade has a pair of sponsons. In the options for the Baneblade, there is an option to replace the sponsons with increased side armor for a certain number of points. There is also an option to buy a second set of sponsons. Can you do both options at once? (replacing the built-in sponsons with increased armor and then buying a set of sponsons)

Thanks.

They're playing it wrong then, because the book seems pretty clear on the issue.

Which book? I am referring to Imperial Armor 1, and the IA 1 Update from the Forge World site does not say "instead," but it lists both as individual options. Are you referring to the Apocalypse rulebook?

They're playing it wrong then, because the book seems pretty clear on the issue.

Which book? I am referring to Imperial Armor 1, and the IA 1 Update from the Forge World site does not say "instead," but it lists both as individual options. Are you referring to the Apocalypse rulebook?

The Apocalypse rulebook makes it very clear that the 2 optional sponsons bring the total to 4 on the Baneblade. The IA Update echoes this with "replace it's two side sponsons with: extra armour plates" and "may take two additional side sponsons..." The use of the word "additional" to me makes it clear that you have to already have two sponsons to add the second two.

edit: corrected my quote of the IA update.

Hmm, I guess you are right. It just seems to me that you should be able to pay the points and take an up-armored Baneblade with 1 set of sponsons. However, I understand that due to the wording of it that you can not do this.

I guess this means that if I wanted to do this, I would have to create a special datasheet for it.

Thanks for the help all.

Ahh, I forgot there was an update to IA. I was talking about the Apocalypse printing, since that had been the most up to date rules.

The reason that you can't have sponsons plus extra armor is that sponsons have always been a weak point. There's a reason why they haven't been used in in tank design for quite some times.

Archived