=I= Coming in 2010?

jakehunter52

I wouldn't want a C:Ecclesiarchy, not just because I'd get tired of having to keep telling people how to pronounce it. I'd be extremely disappointed if I couldn't take =][= with SoB. Maybe I'm just too used to how it is now, but it doesn't feel like the GK or SoB could have enough variety on their own.

Apart from that complaining about completely optional units is ridiculous! If you don't like them, don't take them - it's not that hard a concept to understand.

I am cool with the idea of Two codexes (Inqustion and Ecclesiarchy) and I am even trying to pick up some GK cheap now..why now I don't know but hopefully a small army until the new dex comes out

Alas, if we do not see Deathwatch on the table then we shall instead formally request Deathwatch for Space Hulk Expansion! That's right, power armour and ammo swaps in Space Hulk!

I wouldn't entirely mind that. While I would love to see my Deathwatch get its own codex, if I got Space Hulk minis to use that were of the quality of the BA Terminators I would be quite happy.

I wouldn't want a C:Ecclesiarchy, not just because I'd get tired of having to keep telling people how to pronounce it. I'd be extremely disappointed if I couldn't take =][= with SoB. Maybe I'm just too used to how it is now, but it doesn't feel like the GK or SoB could have enough variety on their own.

Apart from that complaining about completely optional units is ridiculous! If you don't like them, don't take them - it's not that hard a concept to understand.

I'm old school when it comes to SOB having played them since 1998. I haved played every version GW has released for them and originally I disliked the thought of having hvy weapon teams and then the exorcist, dominions and repentias but I figured how to make them work. Granted I don't know what new units they could create or what they will do but making it more towards a church feel than it is now is more along the lines of their fluff as originally written. Plus right now I do use Arch Confessor Kyrinov as my Inq and build his retinue around that idea, it would not be so bad as long as the GK book comes out first and it does not require tons of FAQs for it

I do hope they keep the Witch Hunters, =I=, Ecclesiarchy and SoB together. They all have this profoundly Gothic feel that first drew me to WH40k. The more I think about it, the more I change my point of view. I was a firm believer in the combined dex, but now, I'd rather have C: GK and Codex: SoB (which would contain =I= and Ecclesiarchy). But hey, I'd take anything right now!

Phil

... But hey, I'd take anything right now!

This sadly sums us up :huh: Maybe that's GW's cunning plan all along - the zeal with which we will fall upon them when they finally show us some love will be unmatched and their coffers will swell accordingly.

Many GW staff will likely not survive, but remember: sacrifices must be made for the cause and the end always justifies the means! It's a big galaxy after all, and a few coloured shirts won't be missed...

The one thing that bothers me the most right now if we get a new codex is that if we SoB are to be separated from the =][= my =][= stormtroopers will have to go. I like to have 5 Stormtroopers with flamers and a priest with a brazier of holy fire in an Immolator.

Other than that I look forward to it entirely! Unless GW keeps up with the goofy looking cover arts in which case I don't know.

Cheers!

Yeah... the last good codex cover was C:SM. The IG one isn't too bad until you remember it's a bad copy of a much more awesome piece of art. The current pieces for the Ordos front covers are great, so we can always just replace any abominations with them :P

The one thing that bothers me the most right now if we get a new codex is that if we SoB are to be separated from the =][= my =][= stormtroopers will have to go. I like to have 5 Stormtroopers with flamers and a priest with a brazier of holy fire in an Immolator.

Other than that I look forward to it entirely! Unless GW keeps up with the goofy looking cover arts in which case I don't know.

Cheers!

I know this idea does kinda of sucks but I am the same boat with around 40 arbites (actual GW arbites/ enforcers) but hopefully in GW will leave an option to keep them in.

GW if you are reading this why do my ARBITES not have their special SHOTGUN rounds :D

For me i would love a Ecclesiarchy codex would be fantastic.

As for Arbites they would still be part of the Dx, as those forces work closely with SoB, so fear not, i know how you feel, i have a squad of Arbites and a squad of Stormies.

Just remember that Stormtroopers serve on the black ships, Arbites enforce laws with SoB, thats how we got the Redeemer in the first place.

Just bring on the PE, Arco's and new confessors and redemptionist, just not those fratis malitia, there to weak, and we need stronger units to be able to be a strong, equal army to new codex upgrades.

As for new troops:

Celestians with power weapons

Seraphin with optional power weapons

Retributor heavy flamer squads again

A mobile cathedral heavy tank (aka to the Landraider)

Special characters

Allow (if you put =][=) allow WH Inq Lords Termie armour.

many other people have come with multiple ideas, im not going to bore people with more, look into the threads.

Still all we can do is hold a candle and pray for a new release

I want celestians with sternguard rounds (some not all) better rules for repentias, sister hospitialers in some squads and Arbiters with their Freaking executioner rounds

Awesome ideas war009 & Sister Rosette,

It would be great to just see both DH & WH inquisitors with more similar options. I think DH Inquisitors would like bodyguards that can equip power swords and stormshields too. They may not be effective, but the option should still be there.

From Heresy Online's Mad Cow Crazy:

19/03/2010

Wrote an "angry" email to GW about wanting my money back because WH and DH are being discontinued,

this of course was just a way to try and milk them for information and it worked :tu:

Originally Posted by Games Workshop:

Hi there

Daemonhunters and Witchhunters are not being discontinued. The codexes and a number of products have been removed from the range as we are looking to do a new Inquisitorial codex at some point in the near future.

I would recommend keeping an eye on the website and in White Dwarf for developments on this product.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

I guess we'll await the next WDs eagerly!

Phil

Well, it does concord with the new plastic Exorcist/immolator/repressor kit, so I hope there there will be something about that kit in the supplement...

Just messing with your mind ^_^

On a more serious note, rumors are starting that the GK reference in the BA codex's StormRaven fluff are more than just fluff but some easter egg "announcing" it to be in the GK codex...

Phil

Well, it does concord with the new plastic Exorcist/immolator/repressor kit, so I hope there there will be something about that kit in the supplement...

Just messing with your mind :huh:

On a more serious note, rumors are starting that the GK reference in the BA codex's StormRaven fluff are more than just fluff but some easter egg "announcing" it to be in the GK codex...

Phil

I'll not fall for these mind tricks, psyker! :P

I really don't think it's the case for the rumored repressor/immolator/etc kit. The rumor mill at Bols/Warseer already listed what can be expected for the spearhead, and it's very far from it - and it would be in line with the treatment we received since Apoc... :P

Very nice new developments.

The idea of the Inq becoming a WD supplement like spearhead makes a lot of sense, more sense than a rules supplement.

I'm pretty convinced now that we'll see C:GK, C:SoB and a Inq supplement of some sort.

I'm just panicking over the idea of SoBs getting a major overhaul... don't get me wrong, it's fantastic, the current incarnation is boring having the same vanilla sisters for troops, FA, HS, etc. But I really don't want to see repentias, arcos and PEs going the way of the dodo. I hope the freakshow will be kept alive for the 5th ed!

=D= I have that already and while it is a nice dex finding people to let you use it the other problem. I have played 2 games with that dex and after the first game the black marias just gut pummeled when they made onto the board. I did Jack up my friends lost and the damned from IA: Vraks with them in the first game using the arbite list but next game, El creamo for me could not stop him with the amount of ap 4 weapons he took just to avoid me closing in on him

all this news about GK is good maybe it will be the end of the year..... That will leave me time to finish the 1st, 5th, & 10th Co. Of my Crimson Fists and my SoB army with my 1 squad of PAGK being for kill team for now

Yeah, I just rushed here to post. Bindi Baji seems pretty serious (I've runned through his previous posts of the last months. No great revelations that have come to pass, but the general tone makes me think that.)

Of course, it might not be true, but hell, just have that rumor floating around is the most exciting thing that happened to the =I= in the last weeks... ah months... ah years ;-)

I can't access warseer from work (!?), anything coming from there?

Phil

Archived