=I= Coming in 2010?

jakehunter52

The spearhead supplement doesn't agree with you.

Seems like GW is taking the opposite approach: use WD supplements to sell odd minis, not to tweak old ones.

Spearhead's a different kettle of fish though as it caters for armies across the board as apposed to an individual force. Will we see any love from spearhead? Well as much as I'd love to say yes my better judgement tells me that if we do it'll be something and nothing or, worse still, nothing at all (a la Battle Missions).

The other problem of course is that in the highly unlikely event that we do get somehting out of spearhead it's not going to be standard game/tournie legal, which sucks the big one IMO.

So, I reckon that if you want to look towards a WD =][= codex then you've got to look back at the WD BA's to see what was done there... and that was very little, in fact the reaction from the regular BA's players seems to have perhaps driven the 'lucifer' engine that has resulted in the current BA codex, after all it's been a long, long time since I've seen a decent number of BA's on the tournie circuit. That, however, will soon change...

My guess is still that the Inquisition makes it's showing in the same book as Grey Knights.

As much as I'd love them to be relegated to a WD supplement, I wouldn't put my money on it.

In fact, the speculation about a WD supplement comes from the conclusion, based on older rumors, that the =I= is likely to become a supplement (normal one-book supplement), since they seems to be removed from the GKs and SoBs books and not-discontinued at the same time.

The WD idea came as an indirect conclusion from the format that spearhead is being released.

In fact, the speculation about a WD supplement comes from the conclusion, based on older rumors, that the =I= is likely to become a supplement (normal one-book supplement), since they seems to be removed from the GKs and SoBs books and not-discontinued at the same time.

Really? But the Grey Knight Terminators are still supplied but the power armoured grey knights are discontinued. Well, either this means GW will leave us with metal terminators (unlikely) or Power armoured grey knights and our beloved GKT will be in different codexs! Seriously, it's probably because they haven't gotten to the end of their stock as not many people buy Inquisitors and they probably have done more GKT as they sell rather well.

Well, according to Warseer and Dakka, DE are next and already at the printer...

BUT, according to HO's Bindi Baji and The King Elissar, GK are already playtested, printed and... in the hands of regional managers!!!

Wow, this is the most suspenseful codex race ever!

Phil

BUT, according to HO's Bindi Baji and The King Elissar, GK are already playtested, printed and... in the hands of regional managers!!!

Phil

Haha, you almost made me sad at the first sentence :D

Phil

Not yet printed (at least not a full run, however some dex's have made it into the hands of regional managers according to BB. I think, maybe it was only eliassar, I can't get on heresy now to check as the site is down.

Phil

Is this known fact or just hearsay?

Hard to say. I tried looking at both posters post history and couldn't find any past great revelations. Still, they are very respected members of HO.

If a copy is in the hand of regional managers, I expect more grounded rumors to start flying, though.

Phil

Edit: Woops, I didn't see the BB bit. Who/what/where is BB? Anyway, the quotes are still good so I'm leaving them here...

Playtesting had been done for a while, by my reckoning...like, before Xmas...

I believe Regional Managers have seen the GK Dex, with no mention of DE being at the same stage...and awkward pauses when I ask GK questions in store are funny. :huh:

Bindi Bhaji:

as far as i'm aware DE are still behind GK,

DE is definately not at the print stage now, however that said, GK isn't either

GK + DE are the next 40k codexes but neither are yet being printed,

entirely because there is fantasy stuff ahead of them.

I was going to say templars were a long way off earlier (actually I did, but I edited it) but all i'll say now is they won't be released before DE or GK.

Playtesting on DE has not finished, in fact I believe it has only just started, no idea about GK testing unfortunately.

And lastly, Purge the Heretic got this from Harry:

@Purge the heretic.

I swear I still don't know which of these two armies is next.

Derp, that one should have been obvious :HQ:

In other news, I prodded Harry into action.

What if they only wear artificer armour?

Thank you so very much for doing that, you could leave the points cost the same... ohhh now that would be cool. However I can hear the cries of ZOMG BROKEN!?!?

Pie for the Pie God!

Thank you so very much for doing that, you could leave the points cost the same... ohhh now that would be cool. However I can hear the cries of ZOMG BROKEN!?!?

Pie for the Pie God!

I think all marines will want to be like the GKs, and see Alaric as their spiritual liege :HQ:

Gentlemen, take the children off the table, cause the big boys are back in town!

Boreas, pray that they don't release it in plastic like the nids! :)

A plastic GK dread doesn't seem very likely. The only army-specific Dreadnought that GW has ever done is the furioso, isn't it? And that one is in metal. So that FW Dread is a good buy :D

As for counts-as armies, well, that's something that comes up with every new (SM) codex. I wonder how many players actually do it though... then again I only play with friends & co, so I've never actually seen a flavor of the month counts-as.

Archived