=I= Coming in 2010?

jakehunter52

This would be AWESOME.... I'd love to be able to take the 'new' inquisition without having to shell out for a new codex.

After the 4th Ed BA codex I worry about the quality of PDF codecies though. Sure give us new rules but don't give us something that looks half-a*sed.

We know. People who look on this thread properly are looking religously compelled by the God Emperor for any decent news. I will quote myself now.

The DE codex is at the printers now and first wave models are done but we have no idea how long a codex takes to go from printers to the shelves. It's got to wait behind the 520 ish pages of each WHFB rulebook that they still need to print and anything else that's coming (might not even be GW's private printers).

Is it GW's own private printers? If it isn't we have no idea how long it will take. If it is we have the WHFB rulebook and maybe an army book and the mini books for the WHFB starter set. My store manager has seen those WHFB rulebooks. They are a good hefty book with many colour pages that may well leave the DE codex a bit behind but if codex GK got there before we don't know.

Are you nuts? Dark Eldar don't really need a new dex as bad as GK do. Dark Eldar are still competitive even though old. Look at the old puppies dex.. it worked and served them fine. Eh, if we do get a PDF dex.. no one will play inquisition and they'll just drop us entirely.

What are yo talking about GK get played all the time and consistently place well in tournaments....I mean, I cannot remember the last time I saw a tourney without 2x mystics and Inquisitor in the top 3!

That's in a NEW SHINY 5TH CODEX allied with the more broken deepstrike defence rules.

Dark Eldar have on vaugely competitive build but it is quite good.

DH have no really good builds but can do ok.

Are you nuts? Dark Eldar don't really need a new dex as bad as GK do. Dark Eldar are still competitive even though old. Look at the old puppies dex.. it worked and served them fine. Eh, if we do get a PDF dex.. no one will play inquisition and they'll just drop us entirely.

Yes they are still a great army to play with, its not the players who use them that complain. Its the new guys who cant beat a DE list who whine that they are overpowered.

Dark Eldar and GK will be in the same codex!

Through the power of the new fusion system they will become Grey Eldar and Dark Knights.

Sweet. So does that mean I can use some Batman Heroclix as counts-as models now?

Brother-Captain:

http://www.superherotimes.com/news/images/Batman20Heroclix.jpg

You dissapoint me. Our Batman will naturally have Power Armor, Deepstriking, a wristmounted lance canon, a Nemesis Blade that has insta-kill and a new item worth 80pts that'll give him the ability to change special abilities each turn. :huh:

To the Batraider!!!! :D

Oh and he has a retinue of expendable 5pt Robins...

Through the power of the new fusion system they will become Grey Eldar and Dark Knights.

Sweet. So does that mean I can use some Batman Heroclix as counts-as models now?

Brother-Captain:

You dissapoint me. Our Batman will naturally have Power Armor, Deepstriking, a wristmounted lance canon, a Nemesis Blade that has insta-kill and a new item worth 80pts that'll give him the ability to change special abilities each turn. :down:

To the Batraider!!!! :tu:

How about this:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y232/KrisL187/BatmanMarine.jpg

How about this:

QF sheer :cuss ing awesomeness.

Brother-Captain:

You dissapoint me. Our Batman will naturally have Power Armor, Deepstriking, a wristmounted lance canon, a Nemesis Blade that has insta-kill and a new item worth 80pts that'll give him the ability to change special abilities each turn. :)

To the Batraider!!!! B)

How about this:

I knew you'd dig that one up! Hehehe

Codex: Space Marine Antics... you'll never ook at Space Marines the same way again.

Codex: Chaos Marine Insanity... you'll never enjoy Chaos Space Marines the same way again.

:P

The one issue I see with the whole dark eldar are in the lead rumor is that, looking at the GW online store, as far as I looked into it every dark eldar unit and the codex was still available for sale online. Daemonhunters, not so much... Take it for what you will, but the optimistic part of my brain says that has to mean something.

On another forum (warseer) there is a rumor that grey knights is next - and that it will include all of the inquisition units but will not include SOBs - which will get their own codex ... interesting take

argument being that the sisters are part of the ecclesiarchy, not the inquisition ...

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257069

As enthused as we should be, it's getting easier to tell the fan-based/'store staff-based' rumours that should arrive with trucks full of salt over the ones that actually sound half authentic.

Schreir, All ordos book? I want to go up to that guy and introduce him to the name of someone he should know.

"Jervis Johnson denied an all ordos book"

Honestly guys, get over those old rumours. Now why the pulled box sets and codecies from the site is the real question.

DPA on Warseer said "Point 5 is accurate".

He was talking about this list:

1. Inquisitor Dex will arrive before DE

2. DE by Christmas

3. Inquisitor Dex will be after 8th Ed Fantasy

4. One Codex to contain all Ordo's, Malleous, Xeno, and Heriric

5. Sisters will not be present in the Dex, but will have there own Codex at a later time.

6. Deathwatch/Alien Hunters will be present

No word about other points.

This would be AWESOME.... I'd love to be able to take the 'new' inquisition without having to shell out for a new codex.

After the 4th Ed BA codex I worry about the quality of PDF codecies though. Sure give us new rules but don't give us something that looks half-a*sed.

I'd prefer a half-a$$ed PDF, over a shiny new codex without ISTs, Inquisitors, daemonhosts.

Archived