=I= Coming in 2010?

jakehunter52

Yeah I must confess I haven't read up through the whole thread, just been skimming it for juicy bits and came across the pic, to my defense as well as to your credit, pretty believable presentation. Though I did have my doubts as to whether it was a real snip.

Thats what I'm thinking, at least until we see any images. The description he gave made it sound a bit to small for that though, so i wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't

Why?

The Tempest carries a whole squad of scouts - and he didn't really mentioned how it's sized compared to it, just that they looked similar.

EDIT: re-reading it, he really mentions the size is about the same... but by re-rereading i'm really convinced it's a real flyer. I'm not sure if it really is GK, it sounds a lot like something the ISTs would have. But would be cool to have GKs with flyers, since the average SMs don't have any, so it makes them exclusive - not exclusive in the way I imagine, but better than nothing, that's for sure.

@boreas: thanks, too bad it's the same very suspicious snippet, that need tons of salt :cuss

Well, better salt than need a spoonful of sugar to make the medicine go down ;)

EDIT: re-reading it, he really mentions the size is about the same... but by re-rereading i'm really convinced it's a real flyer. I'm not sure if it really is GK, it sounds a lot like something the ISTs would have. But would be cool to have GKs with flyers, since the average SMs don't have any, so it makes them exclusive - not exclusive in the way I imagine, but better than nothing, that's for sure.

It's most likely going to be a skimmer. Introducing actual flyers is something that should be left to an entirely new edition. Plus, if I remember the rules, it's seriously not fun unless you have flyers of your own or the special AA units.

Yeah I must confess I haven't read up through the whole thread, just been skimming it for juicy bits and came across the pic, to my defense as well as to your credit, pretty believable presentation. Though I did have my doubts as to whether it was a real snip.

Aww thanks :cuss

It was a good exercise to refresh my InDesign skills. And once you get a few things down, GW's army lists are surprisingly easy to recreate.

Here's the last version of the unit details:

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/2924/gkinfosheet.png

A couple of things are wonky, try to find what they are!

Vhalyar, you have some serious skills.

Well I would love T5, BS5, scoring, teleport deployment (what I assume you mean by hammerfall deployment) and 3 attacks standard but it's not going to happen. Although they are enough points. You have to do a Grand Master now though.

It also says any model rather than any Grey Knight Terminator. Also warp gate isn't a very Grey Knight sounding power.

Aww thanks B)

It was a good exercise to refresh my InDesign skills. And once you get a few things down, GW's army lists are surprisingly easy to recreate.

It's pretty sick really. Goes to show that GW's designs skills maybe all about speed and convienience these days.

Bet they use Indesign too. It's is a really decent pro'gram. Do you prefer it to Quark Vhaylar?

If you're just looking to test it rather than fool people, then keep up the good work. I'm sure plenty of people will make suggestions otherwise on how to make it more foolproof.

My experience with Quark is somewhat limited, but I went with ID because it includes quite a few Illustrator-like tools (which I also use for my job). Quark is way more streamlined though; ID can be a gigantic pain and mess sometimes. But yeah, I got bored of the ping pong match between DE and GK rumors so I decided to interpret GKs my way. Unfortunately, and even with my warnings in the original post, some people just skimmed over the picture and reposted it elsewhere, and a new rumor is born.

Now for the picture:

- GKT stats: yeah, they certainly are crazy. I envisioned Hammerfall as deepstrike + inertial guidance system + on a d6 roll of 4+ you can assault on arrival, so it's more ridiculous than you thought. I guess their T should be dropped back to 4, but that makes a hell of an expensive unit that can be instantly dropped by S8 weapons.

- GKT scoring: Over the top as-is, it's something that should only be granted by a special HQ I guess. It would be closer to GW's design philosophy at least.

- Warp Gate: It's supposed to be like the Swooping Hawks' ability to return to reserves. Should find a better name...

- 'Any model': Nope, this one is actually correct (Codex: Space Marines -> assault terminators). That's the wording to allow both Terminators and their Sargent (in this case the Brother-Captain) to follow a specific rule.

It's most likely going to be a skimmer. Introducing actual flyers is something that should be left to an entirely new edition. Plus, if I remember the rules, it's seriously not fun unless you have flyers of your own or the special AA units.

And how do the IG valks works? I'm really asking, cause I never faced IG in the current edition to care to know until now :)

Personally, I think Daemonhosts and Radical Inquisitors sohuld have been covered in Codex: Chaos Space, er Codex: Imperial Renegades, rather than the Grey Knight (even if it includes puritan Inquisitorial units) 'dex.

At least this would have included access to Daemonic artifacts for the Radical Inquisitors to use...

65? I think that would be quite good.

I think that seems a more appropriate cost, I don't know the costing of other codexes to know what they best compare against.

I don't think they are worth 2 and a bit Assault Terminators.

I also think they need to have their attacks be power weapon attacks... but that might be a bit over the top if I also want a points drop.

I also think they need to have their attacks be power weapon attacks... but that might be a bit over the top if I also want a points drop.

Yes, watch the tongue there. Coincidentally Tyranid Lictors were at 85pts before, people wanted a price drop and power weapon attacks (as well as not having to take Dangerous terrain tests when deploying him) and then when the new book came around the poor Lictor got killed. Brutally. Price drop and deployment fix, yes, but the actual value of it dropped from a maybe to a straight no.

This is irrelevant to the inquisition of course.

Cheers!

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258430

Hi all!

Yesterday at my local GW shop, the manager told me that the next month the 3rd ed. Witch Hunters Codex will be available for free from the GW website (PDF).

He told me this because he knows that I had started to play SoB when the codex was discontinued and I couldn't bought one.

I cannot confirm that information, I only have the manager "rumour" and an email response from GW Spain when time ago I asked they about how could I get the Witch Hunter Codex:

Quote (05-08-2009) GW Spain email response:

The Codex is not available, has been discontinued from our usual range of products. You can still play and is legal, but unfortunately we have no units in stock. Anyway, hope to hang soon on our website.

Most probably, this rumour it does not matter to the people, it's nice for me because I need the codex, but I think that if this is true, could happen the same that happened with the Blood Angels codex in the 4th ed. when GW only put the codex at website and on the WD.

Perhaps the rumoured new 5th SoB Codex will be delayed for 2 or 3 years if they put the 3rd ed. Witch Hunters Codex at GW website for free.

Kind regards!

Thoughts?

It think it makes sense. The German, Japanese and French versions already were PDFs, so that'll keep the army under respirator until a new dex comes out...

Phil

There go those rumors out the window...Not Grey Knights, not Dark Eldar...Deamons!!

August release brings new mini's for Deamons.

Time to roll up our sleeves and get to work banishing these fiends back to the warp.

Yep, someone needs to read the actual text of the article ;)

A host of incredible new Citadel miniatures for both Warhammer 40,000 Chaos Daemons armies and Warhammer Daemons of Chaos armies will soon be released upon mortal battlefields

New models, not a new codex or army book.

Archived