=I= Coming in 2010?

jakehunter52

Still, I'd be surprised if they went through the trouble if it was for less than 8-12 months :-(

Phil

I don't think there is much "trouble" for them to go through to put a codex on their website via pdf. They would need to add a link to the [Codex] section for Daemonhunters, and just handle a little extra bandwidth from the downloads. Easy as that.

On a semi-related note, perhaps making the codex available via pdf will help them sell the last stocks of whatever old-model Daemonhunter stuff they still have in their warehouses (for the few areas that still have some left). I dunno. I try to stay positive. In the mean time, I'll keep running my current Pure GK list. It may not win much, but oh boy is it pretty. :huh:

Also, I'm SURE I missed it and someone else has mentioned this before (probably a while back) - but, has it already been mentioned that the GKT box is showing at 1-2 weeks and the PAGK box is No Longer Available on the US GW website? I think someone had mentioned the GKT availability changing before, but I can't remember how long the PAGK box has been unavailable (it's late and my memory is clearly not up to par). Also, Inquisitor + Retinue box is 2-3 weeks and the Stormtrooper box with special weapons is 1-2 weeks. The regular Stormtrooper box and all the blisters are still 24 hours on the US website.

Just a quick question given the prospect of our ISTs being brought in line with the IG ones.

They have one base attack but they have lasgun, laspistols, ccw as standard.... does that mean they get the 2 ccw bonus attack to?

I would love to have my ISTs be less TERRIBLE in assault.

Just a quick question given the prospect of our ISTs being brought in line with the IG ones.

They have one base attack but they have lasgun, laspistols, ccw as standard.... does that mean they get the 2 ccw bonus attack to?

Yes if they have pistol and CCW then you get 2x attacks

Yes if they have pistol and CCW then you get 2x attacks

Yes, but they can't shoot lasguns in the same turn, right?

Also, I'm SURE I missed it and someone else has mentioned this before (probably a while back) - but, has it already been mentioned that the GKT box is showing at 1-2 weeks and the PAGK box is No Longer Available on the US GW website? I think someone had mentioned the GKT availability changing before, but I can't remember how long the PAGK box has been unavailable (it's late and my memory is clearly not up to par). Also, Inquisitor + Retinue box is 2-3 weeks and the Stormtrooper box with special weapons is 1-2 weeks. The regular Stormtrooper box and all the blisters are still 24 hours on the US website.

It was me then they changed back a bit, new list below. As per the UK website.

GKT box set, 1-2 weeks again, did change back for a bit but is now 1-2 weeks again.

BC stern is 1-2 weeks

DH GK with NFW 1 is 1-2 weeks, the other one is still 24 hours

Callidus assasin 2 is now 1-2 weeks

IST spec weapons are 1-2 weeks

All other are within 24 hours.

GKT seem to be going then, plastic remake with more poses but still looking like they do now would be a good seller probably.

Well, according to Reds8n DH/WH get free PDFs (yeah!? - huh, not...) and DE are next. He did underline the "are"... Free PDFs at this point are stupid and ridiculous. First, it won't get "new" players interested as most fluff/hobby probably won't tbe in the PDFs (it's not ine the French version). Second, Even if they got interested the price and availability of the model is prohibitive. Third, anyone who's had some interest in those armies and bought models over the last seven years has the codex. Fourth, why would people suddenly be interested in codex, bother to learn using it when they know those rules will be obsolete in a year or less...

Great gift, GW, just like those itchy sweaters we sometimes get at Christmas...

Phil

Did i miss something in the threads or did nobody mention the new GK art with Jetpack marines in them ? And even a Titan, which is just fluff i take it, but the Jetpacks might be true.

Latest rumors i hear in the Netherlands and a UK based GW employee is Necron release very early 2011 and GK right before or after, looking like just after, so prolly in the first 3 months of 2011...

Still feels like a long wait, but if the Blood Angels and Space Wolves releases are anything ot go by, these are gonna be gooooooooooooood...

Has any one else got a bad feeling about the new codex, I don't know why, but I have, my worry is that we may suffer like Chaos space marines... I know that the rumers go against it, but there is just a nagging worry that the Daemon hunters will be cought in GW's next experimental stage, and then like Chaos, be left at the curb with a bad codex for years.

I know I sound like like a doomsayer, but with no idea when the next DH codex is coming out, the fear of it being done in a "No options, no fluff, no flavor, good" phase is there.

I am proberbly paranoid, but just a thought, if the new codex was bad, how long do you think we could still use our curent one before people noticed, with GW's habit of leaving old armies that are not Ultrasmurfs in the gutter for years, I see people expecting to still play our current book for 8+ years.

So does anyone have any fears about the new codex when it comes, particually are Grand Masters and inquisitorial elements.

I'm pretty sure the next codex, like all 5th ed codex will have this philosophy: Fluff is secondary to gaming (which I love: if you what fluff, read BL books, I want my gaming to flavored by fluff, not shackled), a few crazy-strong units restricted either by cost or by slot competition, a lot of characters, some poor(gaming-wise) but flavorful units).

That being said, rumors strongly indicates that we are not getting a dex for at least 8 months... Oh well :tu:

Phil

Did i miss something in the threads or did nobody mention the new GK art with Jetpack marines in them ? And even a Titan, which is just fluff i take it, but the Jetpacks might be true.

Latest rumors i hear in the Netherlands and a UK based GW employee is Necron release very early 2011 and GK right before or after, looking like just after, so prolly in the first 3 months of 2011...

Still feels like a long wait, but if the Blood Angels and Space Wolves releases are anything ot go by, these are gonna be gooooooooooooood...

That artwork is soooooooooooooooooooooooo old.

Has any one else got a bad feeling about the new codex, I don't know why, but I have, my worry is that we may suffer like Chaos space marines... I know that the rumers go against it, but there is just a nagging worry that the Daemon hunters will be cought in GW's next experimental stage, and then like Chaos, be left at the curb with a bad codex for years.

Don't worry, that'll be the next DA codex ;)

I hear they are bringing a combined GK/DE dex... It's about sadistic space elves in shiny armor killing deamons. All that because some guy in Chine mixed up the sprues.

Phil

you are joking...right? (after the BA dex im not sure)

:)

Sadly, not. A friend of my mother's dog-walker's fishmonger told him that this was true, and would incorporate WH too. By Novembuary, we should get an incoming, which will lay it all out, including Land Ravagers, Wych Hunters, Nemesis Force Agonizers, Grey Warriors, and so forth. The tag line will be "Suffer Not the Witch to Live... But a Wych is Fine Too"

Archived