=I= Coming in 2010?

jakehunter52

If I'm holding in my hands the WH codex that says I can ally in units then I'm treating that as a decree from the Emperor himself that I can continue to do so. Waving it around like an Inquisitorial mandate is optional, but recommended.

This, technically it is the same dex, so no one can say anything, Unless GW flat out says "ok guys, this is the new dex" I'm going to keep allying in units.

I'm also mad they removed the Adversaries list, which I though was really cool. ;) -_- . All in all, my respect for GW has decreased.

Well, with you gaming group, you can do whatever you want, but it will surely impact the tournament scene, where they will follow the rules of the latest version of the codex. Maybe that's the reason, to nerf IG a bit.

Anyway, I'm starting an army of Warhammer Historical ;)

And I'm starting an SM army as a crutch to keep me interested in 40K. I don't know if I'll take it to the end if the Inq don't show some news soon - they are 90% of the reason that I'm interested in the game.

All my faith in Games Workshop is gone.

Well, with Fantasy just around the corner, i guess i can keep myself occupied until GW finally decides to give us a real update, not this half-a@#!ed PDF (Pre Determined Fanwank)

Posted on: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/...p?aId=10500140a

In other, non-Warhammer related news, we've added both the Witch Hunters: Codex and the Daemonhunters: Codex to the Astronomican. You can now download both of these for free. This is great news for all 40K fans so tomorrow I'll drag myself away from the Warhammer world and talk a bit more about them.

I hope people mob him with questions and demand answers...

Phil

How are these pathetic attempts at an online 'update' in any way "great news for 40k fans"?

It's good news for the people we play against, by making our army lists even weaker (despite being at the bottom of the lowest tier already. It's not like we were competitive, not even in 4th edition)

I will add this though: if they really are going to do away with ally rules then maybe, just maybe, they are going to fill out the DH and WH armies so they are more complete armies and not the add-on armies they were in the past.

I think this is what most of us were expecting to happen in the long run. Unfortunately, just as you mention, we were all expecting the sad news of no allies to be accompanied with new codex goodies with new units and well rounded choices within our own codices. We got the bad, but none of the good.

Oh well, there's always next year. :)

I posted this on another topic, i thought i'd share it :D

Going by RAW, we don't have a FoC, so we can either

1. Field what ever we please, given it is within the points value for the battle, or

2. We cannot field anything, thereby meaning out codex is literally unplayable.

Before you refer me to the BRB, read this from page 87

"The minimum and maximum numbers of each of these types of unit for each army are detailed on the force organisation chart of each army Codex book

Shown is an example of one such chart, which is used by most armies for standard missions"

Since this FoC is missing on this PDF, the PDF is either invalidated and we have to go back to the printed codex, or we can field an army consisting entirely of Grey Knight Terminators in Land Raiders. We can't claim objectives because we don't have troops choices, but we get GKT and LR spam

Also, since the clarification of what exactly counts as a Grey Knight for the purposes of the Grey Knight special rule is no longer in the PDF, then we must assume that every unit in the PDF that has 'Grey Knight' in it's name benefits from the Grey Knight special rule.

Shrouded Land Raiders

If GW are going to do a lazy effort at a PDF, then we should all abuse the rules while we can. If we can pull this in an official GW tournament, i'm sure they will take notice, and not do such a half- effort on a PDF again

And again, my reply from the same other topic:

As I've said before, in the entry for Grey Knight Hero, Grey Knight Terminator, Grey Knights, and Grey Knight Purgation Squad, under the Special Rules heading, is the following:

Grey Knights: Grey Knights are subject to the special rules detailed on page 3.

No Shrouded Land Raiders, as units specifically state which are Grey Knights in their own unit entry.

Also the argument about the Force Org chart is kinda silly... when in doubt go with the standard Force Org chart. Does the loss of the allies and induction system hurt? Yes... but we'll deal. I still think we're going to gain more than we lose when a new Codex comes out. Might have some rough months until it does, but that's life.

Might have some rough months until it does, but that's life.
We just tought it couldn't get worse, yet GW managed to add insult to injury. They don't care enought to do a new dex... or update ours with a new PDF (à la BA)... or even, now, to properly put our old codice as PDFs.

Quite frankly, if one of my customers was treated as I'm treated now, I'd be very ashamed. Id find a way of quickly set things straight. Yet, GW shows us, once again, that they do not feel the need to keep us as customers. Especially us veterans. So as much as I understand that we have to "deal with it", expressing anger towards GW is a pretty normal reaction. I just hope that most (if not all) players contact GW in a way or another to express that anger. Remember when the 5th ed FAQs came out? Our common anger made them change. Let's do that again...

Phil

In rsponse to Boreas's comment If you all just winge to GW what does that make you look like? a word I cannot use on B&C is what it makes you look like,

To be frank I can see GW's reasoning to this TBH neither the WH or DH sell a huge ammount and hell like GW is gonna care if some IG players and Marine players do not buy a Inquisitor model since that is all most people did not buy a unit of GKs but just the =I= for his mystics unlimited Psy hood and the book thing. I'd just be thankful you did not go the way of the Squats.

I'm sorry, I should be happy I got kicked in the teeth because that means GW hasn't forgotten about me??? I'm sorry, but complaining at a company to get good service is not whining. Accepting everything a company does like it's some kind of mana from the sky is not acceptable. I accept personnally every consumer complain and try to see that as a way to improve my store. Hopefully, one day, GW will have to do that.

Phil

Wow, all this complaining reminds me of an injustice GW did back in 2007... The Dark Angels Codex. First DA, then BA (who got redeemed), and now DH/WH. I play DH and DA, and I think that what they did to the DA was far worse, and I am still bitter deep inside. I always liked playing DH without allies, so to me it's no big deal. Just wait 4 years like us DA players and maybe they'll fix this mess (still waiting, lol).

I dont think one can compare the DA or even the PDF BA dex[it had good armies after they put it on their site and there were no longer 3 different WD armies for BA] to the DH one . The DH dex was never ment to be a stand alone dex , it could be played like that , but it was never ment to work like that. DA had it rough [rougher with each new meq dex] , but it is still possible to play them BAs had good builds . The DH dex without the options to ally units is a dead dex [even without the whole FoC thing that by RAW makes it impossible to play them] . It is also exactly the thing I though GW was going to do.

Well WH is still playable, although it's getting harder with each new codex coming out. But pure GKs? My friends will let me use them if we play 2 vs 2 (where they are still surprisingly effective). But 1 vs 1, they won't bother. We play once every 2-3 weeks and they don't want to spoil the evening playing against an army that can't compete.

Phil

edit: I got an answer to my email saying they where busy and would try to contact me in the next 48 hours...

If it counts for anything, I just got a response to the email I sent to Customer Service. It said, "I haven't heard of any plans to redo the codecii. I'm sorry."

Lame, I know. Still waiting on the answer about whether or not this counts as an updated codex...

I agree with boreas; if a customer has a legitimate complaint then any other business that does not have a monopoly would address said issue and try to make things right. I think at this point the only honorable thing to do is tell us exactly what their plans are for the new DH and WH dex's. Eight months? Fine. Honestly, truly not sure? OK, come up with an answer in the next month and let us know. Never gonna happen? Well at least we would know we need to either choose a new army or better yet, a new hobby. It's not right to keep stringing us along, and by us I mean DH, WH, DE, Necrons and every other army that has gotten no love for half a decade or more.

To Games Workshop: hire more :lol: employees in your design department so you can actually develop :P in a reasonable time frame.

To Games Workshop: hire more :lol: employees in your design department so you can actually develop :P in a reasonable time frame.

And fire Mat Ward, while they are at it. Or at least keep him away from WFB armies, and 40k fluff

Or, since it's nothing more than a copy of the codex book, you could just use that, and tell anyone who tries to be a jerk to shove it where the sun doesn't shine, and find a different opponent.

That goes for a lot of wargame related events.

In the end we choose ourselves who we play, in what circumstances and with what housemade rulings or additional official rulesets.

There was only one thing good to come of this release. The fact I got the Witch Hunters codex for free. Even then , its not the best. I think they were very lazy with it. At the least they could have updated the rules for equipment and the Inducted units entries. Armoured Fist squads? Do they even exist anymore?

Other than that. It really is annoying. I was hoping for a bit of a revamp like they did for the Blood Angels. Seems that the Inquisition have been left in the dirt...

Brovius said, "And fire Mat Ward, while they are at it. Or at least keep him away from WFB armies, and 40k fluff"

Hey Bro,

Not to add insult to injury, but if you get a chance get on over to your local GW and take a peek at who is getting credit for writing the 8th ed WFB rules section...

I'll give you one guess :woot:

Enjoy, MayorDaley

Archived