Doombreed

Walter Payton

Right, this is going to take some justifying.

Background: Doombreed is a very powerful daemon prince of Khorne mentioned in Codex:CD. He is described as being from 'our times' and also described as being a bloodthirsty warlord and committing genocide. Khorne was pleasd with the carnage he wrought and rewarded him with daemonhood. He is described as being Angron's equal in power. He has even led Black Crusades. GW timeline also states that the Chaos gods awake sometime in the middle ages (Slaanesh excepted). In addition, the Emperor, if we actually pretend we live in the wh40k universe, is currently alive and living in Turkey.

Is it possible that Doombreed is meant to be a specific historical figure? Hitler? Caesar? Jesus?

Your thoughts please.

You can keep going on and one with the historical persons since there were lots who killid lots of people.

So I really dont think anyone would know who Doombreed is but if it is the biggest murderer the world has ever seen then it could only be one person and that is....

Josef Stalin

Fair Enough. I quite like that idea. But Mao was worse than Stalin. Could it be Alexander-I can see him appealing to Khorne. Also, as his generals refuse to further his ambition, he surrenders his will to the voice in his head, and dies. He is reborn as something of the warp.....

P.S Apologies for posting this on the wrong thread.

At a first guess I would suggest Hitler because their is all that fiction and possibly true stuff around him being a big occultist and he is perhaps one of the more well known savages in the world, although Stalin and Mao did kill way more than him. (We were friends with Communist Russia at the time of Stalin so we sorta turned a blind eye to it)

But, it could well be anyone since history is full whack job murderers.

I don't think it would be any of those kind of people

(I can't believe we're debating what historical person will be a Daemon Prince...)

I think Khorne would be more interested in an individual person who did the killing him/herself. Simply signing a paper to execute cities worth of people doesn't seem to be the same.

Plus if we mix in the older ideas of honor/warriors pride etc, it would most likely be some front line commander or tribal leader somewhere, a true warrior, not a political leader.

I don't think it would be any of those kind of people

(I can't believe we're debating what historical person will be a Daemon Prince...)

I think Khorne would be more interested in an individual person who did the killing him/herself. Simply signing a paper to execute cities worth of people doesn't seem to be the same.

Plus if we mix in the older ideas of honor/warriors pride etc, it would most likely be some front line commander or tribal leader somewhere, a true warrior, not a political leader.

True. It was probably some barbarian leader who killed thousands. Maybe it was one of the barbarians the Emperor fought in the Terran Unification Wars.

The Alexander therory seems good, perhaps Ramesses II, or even a Knight Templar. I'am sure i have read somewhere about one who was brutal to the populance of place's he caught, and due to his eagerness to fight effectivly cost the crusaders the Holy Land because he lead them into several bad battles, can't remember the name nor where I read it

I think you mean Guy the Lusignan.

He is also a character in the film Kingdom of Heaven, je s the guy that becomes king and just wants to fight everyone.

Guy d' Lusignan. :lol:

Also, my suggestion is Conan.

I can only assume that no one's mentioned Chuck Norris because it was obviously him, and we're only theorising who's the most likely person after him to be Doombreed.

That being said, in our days it's kind of prohibitive to have a front liner general, it's just too risky, we need to either look to the past where missles are less effective and melee combat is more common (not to mention leaders are more reckless), or the future where technology allows leaders to once again resume combat on the front lines without too much risk to their person. And become more reckless of course.

I'm also gonna have to say that as much as Stalin and Hitler screwed things up and killed many people, they didn't do it personally, their methods and vocations are a bit more in the province of Tzeentch or maybe Slaanesh in my opinion.

Perhaps even Lord Nelson. He fought in the front lines and killed lots of people.

I think we may have it wrong though. Remember that Doombreed is like the first Daemon Prince. He was the first man to ever raise his voice really loudly. Khorne was easy to impress back then.

Alternate theory: You know that movie 2001: A Space Odyssey? You know in the opening scene the ape-man who picks up the bone and uses it as a weapon? Thats Doombreed.

It is kind of sad there have been so many despots and genocidalist in the last hundred to hundred and fifty years. Doombred could apply to hundreds if it not thousands of people from nearly every first world to every third world country.

Some reason I think Doombred is Adolf Hitler. He did not invent genocide but he will always be the most remembered by it. People like Stalin or Pot who killed many more people are outside the sphere of America-European culture which leads to them having less renown. There is also that underlining British interest in Nazism.

I can only assume that no one's mentioned Chuck Norris because it was obviously him, and we're only theorising who's the most likely person after him to be Doombreed.

That being said, in our days it's kind of prohibitive to have a front liner general, it's just too risky, we need to either look to the past where missles are less effective and melee combat is more common (not to mention leaders are more reckless), or the future where technology allows leaders to once again resume combat on the front lines without too much risk to their person. And become more reckless of course.

I'm also gonna have to say that as much as Stalin and Hitler screwed things up and killed many people, they didn't do it personally, their methods and vocations are a bit more in the province of Tzeentch or maybe Slaanesh in my opinion.

It can't be Chuck Norris because, crucially Doombreed's Black Crusade failed. Do you think a Black Crusade led by Chuck would fail?

Meh, it's a nice change of pace.

My nomination: The person who will become Doombreed is you. Yes, you.

Archived