Deploying on first floor of ruins

Commander Sasha

I think this came up in a thread, but I missed the reply, then forgot to pursue it.

Vehicles, artillery etc. cannot move, assault, run, fall back up onto the first floor of a ruin or the roof of a building, but...

Can they be initially deployed there?

I remember someone describing an epic bike jump down, but was this legal?

Thanks!

They can only deploy there if the model can actually fit and you both agree on the terrain at the beginning of the game. Also, bikes are not vehicles, they are a subset of infantry.

They can only deploy there if the model can actually fit and you both agree on the terrain at the beginning of the game. Also, bikes are not vehicles, they are a subset of infantry.

While this is true, they are still forbiden from going up floors in a ruin, and thus are still aplicable to the question.

This partly came up recently as I have been playing with non-fired clay to build scenery: I have made caves, which are sloping ground from the back, working as normal terrain, but cave mouths at the front, so can be treated as multi-level terrain, for which ruins are the best approximation.

Bikes speeding up the back, then jumping over the entrance with dangerous tests! Whoopee! Caves are 3" high; if I build 2-level caves, might suggest a dangerous test fails on 1&2 if you jump down a double layer!

Archived