Kor'sarro Khan finished

GLD

I finally finished the Khan - great model to paint and has turned out great I think - looking at him, I think he is one of the best models I've painted. Let me know your thoughts!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/GLD1/TheKhan.jpg

Very nice Khan! Wonderful job with a diffucult colour and great details. My only suggestion for improvement would be to do some more layers on the cloak - it seems a bit dull in the same colour. If you, for examble, look at real-life animal pelts, they often differ somewhat in colour, and I think that would look great on your model.

/vadskær :)

Thanks for all the comments - Adeptus is correct with the make up of the model - the head is seperate.

As for the cloak, it is actually three shades, it just doesn't seem to have come out in the photograph...

I'm quite proud of the sword, and it turned out quite well as I started painting it one way and then half way through changed my mind!

I base coated the sword black, and then painted regal blue in a wavy pattern up the sword.

I then mixed 1:1 regal blue and enchanted blue and painted this inside the original pattern (not forgetting to water it down).

I then used pure enchanted blue and did the same. Each different colour is painted on in a slightly thinner line.

The final stage (I thought) was 2:1 skull white and enchanted blue painted onto the corners of the electricity ark. This looked good, but something was lacking.

I took the last colour and edged the blade. The sword has a depression in the middle, so I decided to edge the tops of this depression and hey presto, it looked quite good!

I then mixed in a bit more skull white as a highlight and I was done!

As for the cloak, it is actually three shades, it just doesn't seem to have come out in the photograph...

Ah yes, I get that problem myself sometimes when taking pictures of my miniatures. Sometimes it's really hard to show off all your details and shading in photos. Glad to know that you did do several shades on the cloak ;)

Archived