Tales of ridiculous deeds and other good fortunes

Zeller

Hello,

I have a short tale to share.

Last night I played a 1500 point game against tau with my word bearers. We had a capture and control with spearhead deployment type. Long story short during the loss of half of my army (12 marines, 5 terminators, 3 bikes, and 2 oblits) my severely hammered squad of marines that trudged up the middle of the field (reduced to 3 from 15 from tau shooting) assaulted a squad of FW. Won combat and swept them. They fell back into the building. Next turn they rolled a 5 for difficult terrain and move to the right into an adjacent street. They charge another full FW squad this time with ethereal. Sweep them. Fall back to the building. Next turn they come out AGAIN and assault the squad on his objective...sweep them and fall back. And finally on turn 7 they pop out a fourth time and kill another FW squad. They fell back once again to deny those 3 sniper drone teams any kind of shots.

In summary: 3 men, henceforth known as the Bear Jew (icon bearer i.e. his bat), Stiglitz (rounded top helmet i.e. bald), and Lt. Aldo Raine (the third man) assaulted and swept 44 FW including ethereal.

---

My opponent left the store for a moment to yell outside. I merely stood by reflecting on how lucky I was.

---

What has Chaos done for you?

LGS IG-Codex Preview Game.

Mission was "Defend the Lord Commissar", and they had quite a few infantry platoons, and veteren squads surrounding this one little building with the Lord Commissar inside. They also had a couple Leman Russ Tanks on the reserve. The attacking players (there were 3 of us) were allowed 1 HQ + 2 others each. The Ork player didn't do a whole lot, the Tyranid player brought two Gaunt Broods and a Winged Tyrant... I brought my Thousand Sons, Obliterators and Daemon Prince.

The original plan was to have our HQs sit back, let the infantry mess up the Guard gunline a bit before we go in for a lightning strike. I chose to ignore the plan, turn 2 I jumped right into the thick of the Guard line up.

For about 5 turns, my Daemon Prince chased around this Commissar Lord all the while butchering several guard squads. It was a while ago but if I remember right, turn 2 he made one squad of Guard break and another was cut down to a lone Commissar, Guard confident they wouldn't have to worry about the Prince for a turn, Gift of Chaos freed up my Prince to continue on. Turn 3 he made several more guard squads break. Turn 4 he was sitting in the middle of three Veteren squads as the Leman Russ's showed up and fired on him. Russ's scored a single wound, and wiped out three of their own squads of guardsmen. Turn 5 wiped out the bodyguard of the Lord Commissar. And Turn 6, every remaining Imperial Guard squad + Lord Commissar vs My sole Daemon Prince.

It worked out to be something like 100 or so attacks vs my Daemon Princes few. Daemon Prince crushed Lord Commissar, Guardsman failed to wound.

Was hilarious watching my Daemon Prince just butcher a sizeable Guard Infantry Army by itself pretty much (the other units on the field just hemmed them in). Sadly for the next few store games afterwards my Daemon Prince was banned from turning up.

Ok, this was a while ago, in 4th ed.

7 bikers, one game.

1. shoot at a rhino filled with grey hunters that has popped smoke, destroy it and pin the occupants.

2. shoot at grey hunters from destroyed rhino (10 guys), then assault: wiped out the whole squad.

3. received charge from jump pack blood claws (10 guys): win combat and chase them down and wipe them out.

4. assault leman russ: destroy it.

5. shoot at another squad of grey hunters with wolf priest: kill a few GHs and the WP.

All in all, a good game! :)

In a 1k point game against my buddies Tau.

First time Fielding a Daemon Prince, ( new to the game ).

Daemon Prince, Mark of Nurgle, Rot.

Took all of the shooting from a Hammerhead, a Skyray, 2 crisis suits with TL Missile Pods, and.. 14(?) firewarriors. Basically the entire army minus some kroot and stealth suits.

For 3 turns.

Suffered one wound.

Killed both Suits, the Hammerhead, and all of the firewarriors.

It wasn't a good game for my friend.

Gotta say, all progress on my Disc Sorceror stopped after that battle.

Now I am using my Disc for a Prince of Tzneetch instead.

Have to add this one.

My Rubric marines got charged by a Bloodthirster tonight. With great luck, only one died.

On my turn, I cast Gift of Chaos. Roll a 6 for the Toughness check. Bloodthirster becomes a spawn, then charges the Bloodletters that were holding an objective and wiped them out (to be fair, most of the bloodletters died to shooting before the spawn charged them.

My friends DeathWing Librarian is shockingly bad. Not only has his Psychic Hood never worked, even when I rolled a 1 he didn't stop me, but he managed to kill himself using Force Barrier by rolling Perils for the psychic test so taking a wound there and from the attack itself!

I'lll just go back to my aircav story. Whole army has been beat by their guns. All that remains is 4 marines, 4 terminators, 4 obliterators, and my demon prince. VS Almost his entire army, I had killed 2 vendettas. So about 600pts vs 1600pts.

Obliterators obliterated a couple flyiers and killed some vets, terminators terminated a flyer and made some guard run, marines.... well they died, and the demon prince made a third of his infantry run and then jumped on the valkyries like they were surf boards and they all crashed and burned.

I've got a mini back from the 'old' days when I played black templars. I sold the entire army but this 1 mini, he has sense been inducted into the IWs where he belongs. With me, and with the guy I bought the BTs off of this guy had a reputation of killing anything armor 14 in one hit. Earned the name lucky.

Killed monoliths. Killed LRs. Bunkers, you name it. We kept tallies of armor 14 kills, those tallies wrapped around his base.

One game he killed a LR, a leman russ, and a predator and my other lasgunner shot every round at a chimera, hit it every time, and didn't kill it. He also got a knickname, Sucky.

Well he hasn't been fielded in years, until recently. I put him in a squad of chosen in a rhino. Pre-game I told him(yes I actually bent down and spoke to a mini, :cuss off), "If you kill that land raider I will make you into the lord of obliterators and you will be in every game. If you kill something smaller.... I'll let you stay as you are. If you don't kill a tank... spawndom!!!" And I meant it, I needed another oblit for the cult of destruction, and I was going to use his bits in the construction to keep the 'luckiness' intombed within his pweter, but ONLY if he proved the luckiness was still there. No he didn't kill the LR, never had a clear shot. But he did kill a dreadnought, and played mind games with a rhino. It was parked a few inches away and he missed. When the other player realized I had a lascannon popping out of my rhino he decided to have his(which was empty now) run away. Lucky let it get halfway across the field, close to some bezerkers, then blew it up killing the a bezerker. So no... he is not being made into an obliterator yet, nor is he becoming a spawn yet.

Not quite a tale of Chaos at its finest, but still fittingly bizarre: this was under the 3.5 dex and 40K 4.0 rules: my Death Guard were playing against my opponent's home grown Space Marine chapter (The Scions of Redemption). A squad of SEVEN Plague Marines summons a squad of SEVEN Plague Bearers, both of whom charge a bike squadron, leaving only one attack bike after a furious round of combat. Next turn roles around, they throw EVERYTHING they have at this attack bike. It survives. Nurgle's Rot rolls come around (back when Nurgle's Rot was a chaos gift). Nothing. Next turn, the same. Next turn, the same. The freaking attack bike was INDESTRUCTIBLE, blessed by the Emperor, obviously. It managed to single handedly keep two pretty significant units out of the game. We still talk in rapt awe to this day of the humble space marine biker who became my friend's Chapter Master after that INCREDIBLE display of heroism :)

This was at Nationals. I played against a Tau army. Some time in the game, 2 devilfish and a crisis suit tried to sneak up behind my defiler. Had 10 zerks in a rhino and thought "Hey, lets use the Skull Champ's plasma to blow up devilfish!"

Zerks disembark, fire, overheat and pop goes Skull Champ. Damn! Tau turn, 20 FW disembark and rapid fire at my 9 remaining zerks, along with 2 devilfish and crisis suit.

60 shots total. 19 converted to wounds. Roll my saves, only 2 zerks died. After that, charged the FW and wiped them all out.

At another tournie, zerk's rhino got blown up by Drop pod (lucky rear armour) and zerks leg it. 2SM rhinos disgorge the 20 SMs inside and they rapid fire my zerks to pieces. My turn, defiler pops around corner and shoots at the 20 SM packed nice and tight. Direct hit, killed 19! No cover save! Revenge bastard! Those zerks are expensive!

Archived